Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 09-07-2015, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Could not create a new document because Permission denied (13) while creating

Check FAQ:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...issionDenied13
Old 12-16-2015, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Could not create a new document because Permission denied (13) while creating

All it takes is going to Documents and doing "Get Info" on the PT folder and setting permissions to Read & Write for yourself. I can't believe how much drastic bad advice people give that's nowhere near the problem.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:44 AM

Apologies if this has already been suggested but have you tried creating and logging in with a new OSX user account?
Old 05-27-2017, 05:10 AM

Have you had any luck? I think you a skirted 2 issues. 1. The compatibility w the early build of your PT version. The later versions of each numbered progression have bug fixes. 11.02 should be replaced by a later more stable version of 11. I think I had a long stable run with 11.3.1.
Secondly.... your audio drives must be formatted for the OS and their status for use to the OS must be write and read and the application must be for record and play back. Assertion errors usually point to a wrong setting in one of these items or a system or app that has lost its write read relationship with the drive. Also the ugliest tenacious problems that I have fixed with Pro Tools always are caused by two culprits. That makes the fix very elusive. 1. I would update to a more stable version by overwriting the PT version. 2. Then use the french pro tools preference tool http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=190122
3. Then try a new drive to test if a new session will work. If it does... import your whole session to the new blank session using import session data and make sure you import audio and playlists and everything. That should work. Get some work done. 4. After using that for your work day.... then address whats on your unhappy drive by moving all of its content to a temp. Drive then reformat (using disk utility) the sad drive and move one session( the whole folder ) back and test it. If it works move the rest. If all that doesn't work pm me. I do PT repairs and updates for studios. They are tricky and require focus. If you aren't paying attention to Your compatibility of OS, PT version and Plugin Version plus running the optimizations that Avid kindly offers us on the troubleshooting pages on the duc then expect flakey software. I appreciate that Avid provides us with the recommended settings and optimizations. If they fixed delay comp I would by their stock. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NomadicWax.com