Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2001, 06:43 AM

Default Reference Guide???

Alright so maybe I'm not the brightest kid on the block... I never claimed to be. I'm a singer/songwriter not a studio engineer but I've got a couple of problems and I'm really hoping you guys will make me look silly for asking. That way I could have them taken care of easily and I can get one w/ my life. So here goes...

I'm starting to think my Digi001 didn't come w/ everything that was supposed to be in the box...

Questions #1 - Did you guys get the Protools Reference Guide w/ your systems or is that something you have to buy separately. I didn't!

Questions #2 - (This is the really dumb one). How the hell do you install this D-Verb plugin?? I've tried and tried to install from the floppy but it keeps asking for a "key card" or something like that.

I'm terribly sorry for wasting your time w/ this stuff but I'm quite frustrated and would really much rather be making music than trying to figure all of this out. My system has been installed for about a week and a half now and it's running great except for these minor problems. Thanks guys.

chris [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2001, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Reference Guide???

I really didn't think this questions was that difficult...

Did you guys get the "Protools Reference Guide" w/ your Digi systems or is that something you have to buy separately??

HELP!

chris
Old 11-12-2001, 08:59 AM

Sorry that you had to wait a whole two hours for a reply.
Yes, I received a reference manual with my Digi001.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:09 AM

Thanks...

wasn't meaning to be rude or impatient.

chris
Old 11-12-2001, 09:18 AM

On the CD there is a folder called "Digidesign Plug-In Demos". Install D-Verb from the CD and authorize with the floppy key disk. As to the manual, I got a small "Getting Started With Digi", 77 pages, and a large "Pro Tools Reference Guide" 420 pages. I believe .pdf's are available of these.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:26 AM

U are not supposed to get a reference guide with your system.Some of us who were fortunate to get sopme of the first units did,but then it became sold seperately.U can order one from Digi,or you can use the reference manual that came in PDF format with your software.Its at least up to date with the version u are using,and usefull once you get the hang of acrobat reader.U can also access them under the help menu in PT,or open them up individually from the digidesign folder.

As for DumbVerb,do a search of this User conference,with keywords such as DVerb Installation problems , and see if some of those posts can help you.This problem has been discussed before.DO NOT REFORMAT YOU HARD DRIVE before youve got the installation right,or you might lose your authorization.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:52 AM

ahhh!! Thanks everyone.. I'll find the .pdf

The "Getting Started" book kept mentioning the "Reference Guide" so I was thinking it was shorted out of my box. but if it's in .pdf format on the Protools LE cdrom that's all I need. appreciate it guys.

chris
I'll have my first ProTools song up for inspection in about a week or so. this list rocks.
Old 11-13-2001, 07:29 AM

Thanks again to everyone! I got everything up and working and got all of my questions answered last night. This really is a 1st class forum.

chris