Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2009, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack (Only) Tunes & Tones...............

Has anyone tested this thing with a poweramp and a real cab yet?
I've been using Eleven LE and that sounds awesome, but if I am buying the 11R, I'd like to use it live as well.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Avid

Do some searching...there are tons of comments about live workflows on the DUC already.

Cheers!
P&S Creative Professional
AVID
Old 12-18-2009, 07:00 AM

Hey guys...............

1st I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas & a Happy New year to...............

I've had a great time w/ my new 11-R & PT-LE.........This site & it's users have been so helpful in my understanding of these products.............Thank you all for this..........

So I had an hour last night & started messing around trying to figure out the embeded rig setting stuff & the re-amping............

While watching Sean's PT Recording video & messing around I think I started a new song.................It's only the start of something, but it could go somewhere (Who knows)............

There are only 2 guitar parts in this clip............The Tweed & the SLO models...............Only reverb & NO delay this time.....Lol

This is still not "Sean" quality yet, but looking out the window at the snow made this come out for what it's worth.................

http://drop.io/Heavenf#
Old 12-19-2009, 10:55 AM

Justin......if there is a tone in any of my songs or clips that you want uploaded to your site just let me know...........

I think the tones are all pretty good, but not quite there yet (not Steve Stevens quality yet).............

Peace! X-Mann
Old 12-20-2009, 12:37 AM

nice work udamann... damn im hanging to get my 11r off lay by... arrggghhhhh
Im really quite surprised how little there is out here on the 11r. Even youtube doesnt have many really.
Its great to hear people putting it through its paces.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza_Boogie View Post
nice work udamann... damn im hanging to get my 11r off lay by... arrggghhhhh
Im really quite surprised how little there is out here on the 11r. Even youtube doesnt have many really.
Its great to hear people putting it through its paces.
Thx Muzz............

I think there are allot more tones in this thing then I've shown so far...........

U will be so happy when U get yours to................

The Digi forum is a great place w/ cool people who like to help you out allot...........Digi is also watching this forum to see what people would like in 11R as well..............

There is a dude on youtube who has a great high gain (Zack tone) tone though to.......Check that out...........

Sean's clips are so much better then mine so check those out to.....

This thing is just to much fun to make music with that I just can't stop..........

I've got a few more that I'm working on to...........I'd like to do some real high gain stuff as well...............
Old 12-20-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmekeuh View Post
Has anyone tested this thing with a poweramp and a real cab yet?
I've been using Eleven LE and that sounds awesome, but if I am buying the 11R, I'd like to use it live as well.
Prior to the Eleven Rack I was running a Digitech 2120 Artist. I initially was looking to upgrade my software (Vegas & Acid) with something a little more current. This meant some kind of interface for recording. I was checking out the Eleven online and was pretty excited to actually test drive one. The sounds are very comparable to the Digitech 2120 but not miles apart by any means. The real value is in the features for recording in my opinion. Well enough said as I will not side track too badly … I bought one after the demo and love it.

I come out of the Eleven Rack (with Mogami cables on all in & outs) into an Alesis iMultiMix R9 mixer (all settings flat) and down into a Mackie 1400. Out of the Mackie (all this in true stereo) into two Randall 4X12 cabs spread about 14’ apart. This gives me seven hundred clean watts of power per side @ 4ohms. All being brought to life with a 20th Anniversary PRS Custom 24.

The thing has such a different sound out of the power amp and cabs than it does out of my M-Audio BX8a’s. It sounds killer … Much fatter and so thick but yet crisp enough to cut right through the mix. A real treat to just fire up and play.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/IMG_3317.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...12-16-2009.jpg
Old 12-20-2009, 07:46 AM

thats one beautiful guitar!!
Old 12-20-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza_Boogie View Post
thats one beautiful guitar!!
Thanks! It took me almost a year to find. Every guitar store I would walk into had them but there had been some small flaw from someone that had tried the guitar out (buckle rash etc.) I figured if I was going to spend that kind of cash I wanted something NEW! The one thing that attracted me to the guitar is I have never seen another this color and the book match is unbelievable.
Sorry for the sidetrack udamann88!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/IMG_3319.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/IMG_3318.jpg
Old 12-20-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by customclimates View Post
Thanks! It took me almost a year to find. Every guitar store I would walk into had them but there had been some small flaw from someone that had tried the guitar out (buckle rash etc.) I figured if I was going to spend that kind of cash I wanted something NEW! The one thing that attracted me to the guitar is I have never seen another this color and the book match is unbelievable.
Sorry for the sidetrack udamann88!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/IMG_3319.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/IMG_3318.jpg
NBD C.C.

If I had that guitar I'd make a special thread up just to talk about it all day.........

Ur guitar is sick just like ur rack set-up is.................

Now post some clips of U shredding on that nice Ax & 11-Rack broseph.........

Peace! X