Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2008, 12:11 PM

Default new computer, protools compatibility

well i have a few problems...

1. my biggest question is, will PTLE 7.4 work with vista home basic. the digidesign site is very cryptic in addressing this, the best i could find is that it "hasn't been tested"

2. supposed it does work, how do i update to 7.4, i have 7.3.1 right now, but i cant install it on vista (xp compatible only) so even with the update how would i get PTLE 7.3.1 on the computer to actually run the update?

thanks in advance for the input
~Breezy
Old 09-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Default Re: new computer, protools compatibility

Click on Compatibility & Upgrades at the top of the forum, or click here:
www.digidesign.com/support/upgrades

Then on "Pro Tools LE for Windows Compatibility Grid & Upgrade Information"

Read through that whole page, and you will find information on how to upgrade to Pro Tools LE 7.4.

You would be eligible for the discounted upgrade to 7.4 from 7.3, or might be eligible for a free upgrade (see the Recent Purchases section on that same page).

Either way, you would need to install 7.4 to run on Vista, and you do not need to install, and should not install any version earlier than 7.4 on Vista.

As for the Vista Compatibility, it says this on the main compatibility page:

Quote:
Officially Qualified with Pro Tools LE & M-Powered 7.4
  • Windows Vista Business or Ultimate Edition
  • 32-bit OS Installation Only
Not Supported:
  • Windows Vista 64-bit (any version)
Not Tested:
  • Windows Vista Home and Home Premium Edition
  • Although Windows Vista Home and Home Premium Edition have not been tested or qualified by Digidesign, there are currently no known issues with Vista Home and Home Premium 32-bit operating systems and Pro Tools LE and M-Powered 7.4 compared to the supported Windows Vista Business or Ultimate Edition operating systems.