Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2015, 04:41 AM

Default Re: Sold HDX system with TOO complete, buyer still has my account

Hi guys,

Arkay sold his ownership to me. I am the owner of the new system.

Thanks Arkay!

As of a minute ago, the PT11 license is still under his name.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:57 AM

Bump for this... 5 days since this was sent to AVID. I have not been contacted and the buyer confirms the issue still exists.

Starting to get frustrated here. What's going on AVID?
I post a comment they aren't happy with and it either gets deleted or bashed within 20 mins.

What is so hard about changing who owns my transferred license?
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKay99 View Post
Bump for this... 5 days since this was sent to AVID. I have not been contacted and the buyer confirms the issue still exists.

Starting to get frustrated here. What's going on AVID?
I post a comment they aren't happy with and it either gets deleted or bashed within 20 mins.

What is so hard about changing who owns my transferred license?
I will check this Aaaaaagain

Hang in there and will post back or contact you direct.

Sorry for the delay and i thought i already helped you but will get an answer asap.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-06-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I will check this Aaaaaagain

Hang in there and will post back or contact you direct.

Sorry for the delay and i thought i already helped you but will get an answer asap.
I understand the pecking order Christopher and was not directing my frustration at you. It's just as with a 'squeaking wheel' as the bearings heat up I'm forced to make more 'noise'.
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKay99 View Post
I understand the pecking order Christopher and was not directing my frustration at you. It's just as with a 'squeaking wheel' as the bearings heat up I'm forced to make more 'noise'.
No worries!

I didn't think it was but it should have been sorted by now, I have escalated this and Avid is on it now

Hopefully this time it will go thru quicker. The "Agaaaaaaaain" was dircted at the slow movement and not at you either.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-07-2015, 06:45 AM

I hope they resolve your issue quickly. In the mean time, I'm curious to know why you sold your HDx system. Did you replace it with a HD Native system?
Old 10-07-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txm View Post
I hope they resolve your issue quickly. In the mean time, I'm curious to know why you sold your HDx system. Did you replace it with a HD Native system?
I didn't replace it with anything AVID. My setup is in my sig. I don't wish to get into an AVID bashing session here so I will just say for me, I didn't approve of the way they expected me to 'buy into' the companies new direction and haven't done enough to continue to earn my loyalty after a substantial investment and many years.

The fact that this issue is still languishing may give you an indication of why my feelings regarding the above have come to be.

I'll also state that the mods here AND Jeffro have been the only reason I have been able to stay sane through this whole mess.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:01 PM

Just a note for the mods that helped with this matter. I was in contact with the buyer, who was out of town as of Monday the 11th. The buyer sent me the thread of emails concerning this matter from his end and it looks like although as of Monday the matter not yet being resolved, a way to do it was discussed and the mechanism is proceeding between the buyer and AVID, which means I'm out of the loop.

As far as I can tell this matter regarding my involvement is finished.

However, this brings up a point that is a bit disconcerting. As I understand it, the buyer had my licenses transferred to him through the TOO, but the USER ID of those licenses remained the same, i.e. me. I don't know about how others feel about this, but it is a little un-nerving to me that someone else has ownership of his licenses under my ID. Which means that any future updates, upgrades are going to proceed with those licenses under my ID. I see a potential for error concerning any updates or upgrades regarding having the same ID for 2 different users and 2 different sets of licenses. Something to think about if anyone is going to be transferring ownership in the future.

In my case the new buyer wishes to obtain a new personal license for himself, so going forward my ID should only be associated with my current licenses. However if the new owner decided not to go this route my ID would be 'perpetually' associated with that license.