Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2009, 11:18 PM

Unhappy Problems connection MBox 2 to GarageBand

Hello,

I really didn't know where to post this so I'm posting here. Sorry if it's under the wrong thread.

Basically, the other day I received a used MBox 2 Pro, along with some ProTools software that's only for the PC. Using a Mac, I decided that the easiest route for me would be to use the MBox with GarageBand, but I'm having a hard time configuring the MBox to my Mac.

I installed the proper core drivers from the digidesign Web site, and configured it as instructed in the .pdf file. The MBox is also visible in my System Prefrences under "Other". But my computer is not receiving any input from the MBox, and then I click on the MBox in "Other", it tells me nothing about its firmware, and says "No Hardware Detected". Also, when I open up Garage Band, although it detects my MBox, it is not detecting any audio input from it.

Does anyone have an idea as to what I should do? I'm not the best when it comes to computers and such, so I'm at a complete loss. It would be so much appreciated if someone could help, and once again I'm sorry if this thread isn't in the right place and if this question has been asked before.

Thank you so much.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Problems connection MBox 2 to GarageBand

If you go to utilities you'll find the Audio Midi Setup. Open that up and change your default audio ins and outs to the mbox instead of the system card.

Hope that helps

cheers
Old 06-26-2009, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Problems connection MBox 2 to GarageBand

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo.posthumus View Post
If you go to utilities you'll find the Audio Midi Setup. Open that up and change your default audio ins and outs to the mbox instead of the system card.

Hope that helps

cheers
theo,

Thanks for your tip. However, even when I did that, when I go into System Preferences and click on the MBox icon, it says "Unable to connect to Mbox 2"... Maybe my only choice is to run Windows on my Mac? :/