Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Ludia Ludia is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Posts: 183
Thumbs up Thumbs up for AVID, PT9.0.1 and all the DUC´ers

Hi all,

Just want to express my joy on having PT9.0.1.

I recently bought myself an OCZ SSD and installed my OS clean and fresh. I followed everything I could find on the DUC about optimizing Windows 7 for the use with PT. I upgraded my M-PT8 licenses towards PT9 without any problems. Everything was found in my account and could download nice and easy the installers for the plug-ins that came from my MPTK2.

The installation was quick and seamless (this SSD is blimey fast ) so I can ensure you that PT is working perfectly from an SSD. The installations of all my other plugs were as easy as well (mind you, the libraries are on a seperate disc and were already there from my previous installation).

I have the feeling (on what I´ve opened on sessions this far) that the RTAS cpu consumption is way lower. I had a session open with 6 instances of Play, each having 4 patches loaded, running on 128 buffers without any hickup and could print each patch to its own audio track all at once . I never could do that before.

I also finnsihed the build of my home studio, so everything came together this weekend and I feel like a kid in a candyshop.

A big thank you as well to all the duc'ers because a lot of research went into my builds that I could find here or they mentioned a link on various websites.

I created a small impression of what it became

__________________
i7 5820K @ 3.3Ghz, 32Gb, Windows 7 Ulimate 64, 1x M.2 512 SSD, 1x Spinpoint F1 1TB, 2x Spinpoint F3 1TB, ProjectMix IO, Axiom Pro61, PreSonus Monitor Station,SM ProAudio Stage Buddy, KRK VXT6, AKG K271, SE220A, PT 12.4.0, AMT IEP, Omnisphere, Trilian, EWQL CCC, EWQL Spaces, Ministry Of Rock, Gypsy, Fab Four, NI Komplete 9 Ultimate, NI Maschine, ProjectSAM Orchestral Essentials, Waves V9 Musician 1, Morphoder, CL4

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-20-2011, 08:30 AM
diamondschwin diamondschwin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nashville/NYC
Posts: 468
Default Re: Thumbs up for AVID, PT9.0.1 and all the DUC´ers

Glad to hear! I am running Macs at work, but was thinking of testing an SSD for the system drive in one of the studios, I already have 6gb of ram in each machine which never gets fully utilized by pro tools currently and the price for me to bump up to 10 or 12gb or get a 120 gb SSD for the system drive is about the same, and I feel the SSD performance benefit would be greater.

Your home studio looks great, lots of nice little touches, love the under desk mount for the interface in the booth, looks very pro.
__________________
Max Holland
Producer / Re-Recording Mixer
Nashville / NYC

MKD Creative

HOBO Audio
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Ludia Ludia is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Posts: 183
Default Re: Thumbs up for AVID, PT9.0.1 and all the DUC´ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondschwin View Post
love the under desk mount for the interface in the booth, looks very pro.
Yeah, cool isn´t it ! Actually I designed it myself with the use of ProEngineer at the office and the shop floor at work did the lasercutting and bending. Afterwards it got glass sanded for the surface finnish.

If someone has the Stage Buddy and would like to have the design drawing and DXF file for laser cutting, PM me and I email it to you.
__________________
i7 5820K @ 3.3Ghz, 32Gb, Windows 7 Ulimate 64, 1x M.2 512 SSD, 1x Spinpoint F1 1TB, 2x Spinpoint F3 1TB, ProjectMix IO, Axiom Pro61, PreSonus Monitor Station,SM ProAudio Stage Buddy, KRK VXT6, AKG K271, SE220A, PT 12.4.0, AMT IEP, Omnisphere, Trilian, EWQL CCC, EWQL Spaces, Ministry Of Rock, Gypsy, Fab Four, NI Komplete 9 Ultimate, NI Maschine, ProjectSAM Orchestral Essentials, Waves V9 Musician 1, Morphoder, CL4

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-20-2011, 08:59 AM
720hours World Record 720hours World Record is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 81
Default Re: Thumbs up for AVID, PT9.0.1 and all the DUC´ers

Great job on the studio - and the Vangelis music - ahh Blade Runner one of my favorite movies - was thinking of watching that again.

Again - well thought out work space, you did your homework first.
__________________
Clifford Marshall Van Buren
Holder of the Guinness Book of World Records for Drumming of 720 hours and WFD upside down world record
See site for music, book pics and Guinness entry www.cliffordmarshallvanburen.com youtube http://youtu.be/IjHpZsuekkU

Themaltake Spedo Advance, Win 7 32bit Pro, ASUS EVO, I-7 860, 3 WD Blacks, Kingston HyperX KHX2000, ASUS EAH4350 Silent, Pro Tools LE 8.0.4cs2 and now PT 10 on Win 7 64bit, I-7 and I-3
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-20-2011, 09:50 AM
spenner spenner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow
Posts: 1,202
Default Re: Thumbs up for AVID, PT9.0.1 and all the DUC´ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludia View Post
Hi all,

Just want to express my joy on having PT9.0.1.

I recently bought myself an OCZ SSD and installed my OS clean and fresh. I followed everything I could find on the DUC about optimizing Windows 7 for the use with PT. I upgraded my M-PT8 licenses towards PT9 without any problems. Everything was found in my account and could download nice and easy the installers for the plug-ins that came from my MPTK2.

The installation was quick and seamless (this SSD is blimey fast ) so I can ensure you that PT is working perfectly from an SSD. The installations of all my other plugs were as easy as well (mind you, the libraries are on a seperate disc and were already there from my previous installation).

I have the feeling (on what I´ve opened on sessions this far) that the RTAS cpu consumption is way lower. I had a session open with 6 instances of Play, each having 4 patches loaded, running on 128 buffers without any hickup and could print each patch to its own audio track all at once . I never could do that before.

I also finnsihed the build of my home studio, so everything came together this weekend and I feel like a kid in a candyshop.

A big thank you as well to all the duc'ers because a lot of research went into my builds that I could find here or they mentioned a link on various websites.

I created a small impression of what it became

Nice post and very nice studio. Is that your music on the video? And not to get all mushy but I have the same gratitude toward the duc'ers. I most likely would not have built such a great PT system without, in particular, the i7 thread. My first PT build was a success because of it. Same vibes to Avid for all things PT9!

Good to know you're having success with SSD. I plan to go that route soon.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-20-2011, 09:56 AM
OnTelephone OnTelephone is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Portland
Posts: 42
Default Re: Thumbs up for AVID, PT9.0.1 and all the DUC´ers

Thanks AVID!
__________________
Pro Tools 9. 0. 2, 003 factory, OSX 10.6.6, Mac Pro 2, X 2.66 Dual Intel, 5GB mem, Apogee Rosetta 800. UAD-1e Expert Pak, UAD-1e Express Pak, REASON 4.0.1, LIVE 7.0.1
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-20-2011, 09:58 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Soprano State (NJ)
Posts: 17,356
Default Re: Thumbs up for AVID, PT9.0.1 and all the DUC´ers

Beautiful work, especially on the desk/console. I'm curious - for the edging - did you ease (i.e. round off) the edges with a router, by hand with sandpaper, or place rounded banding on the edges of the MDF? I ask because not only does it look nice but it'll cut down on scratches to the skin or ripped clothing from splinters that you'd get with square edges.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Ludia Ludia is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Posts: 183
Default Re: Thumbs up for AVID, PT9.0.1 and all the DUC´ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Beautiful work, especially on the desk/console. I'm curious - for the edging - did you ease (i.e. round off) the edges with a router, by hand with sandpaper, or place rounded banding on the edges of the MDF? I ask because not only does it look nice but it'll cut down on scratches to the skin or ripped clothing from splinters that you'd get with square edges.
I indeed used a router. I have to be honnest that I had to look it up on the web what the real translation of the dutch word 'bovenfrees' would have to be ... yes, it is called 'router'. It's a great tool, also the MDF is a great material to work with. With all the rebuilding things I do and furniture creations ,I would almost say I should have chosen another profession instead of being an ICT'er
__________________
i7 5820K @ 3.3Ghz, 32Gb, Windows 7 Ulimate 64, 1x M.2 512 SSD, 1x Spinpoint F1 1TB, 2x Spinpoint F3 1TB, ProjectMix IO, Axiom Pro61, PreSonus Monitor Station,SM ProAudio Stage Buddy, KRK VXT6, AKG K271, SE220A, PT 12.4.0, AMT IEP, Omnisphere, Trilian, EWQL CCC, EWQL Spaces, Ministry Of Rock, Gypsy, Fab Four, NI Komplete 9 Ultimate, NI Maschine, ProjectSAM Orchestral Essentials, Waves V9 Musician 1, Morphoder, CL4

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thumbs up for 10.2 reichman Post - Surround - Video 6 06-18-2012 06:17 AM
Installing HDX 10.1 - Thumbs up for Avid Customer Support stargazer macOS 2 12-29-2011 10:44 AM
Big thumbs up for 8.0.4! tamasdragon 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 0 08-02-2010 01:10 AM
Thumbs up on 6.1.2 Garissimo 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 2 10-11-2003 03:27 PM
intel 815E motherboard / thumbs up or thumbs down? gabadilla 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 6 10-19-2001 12:09 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:20 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com