Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 03-02-2010, 11:04 AM

Unhappy Midi Studio Setup problems & Plugin problems

I'm having problems with the Midi Setup & plugins... (I'm not sure if I have my midi devices setup properly. I have it setup where in my Korg midi out is goin to my Digi 002 rack midi in. & have my Roland MV going midi in to the Digi 002 out. I've even had my Korg midi out goin to my Roland midi in & from the Roland midi out to the Digi 002 midi in. (What is your suggestion for the best setup if I want all the midi signals from both external devices going into Pro Tools midi track?)

I've been having problems with the midi sounds. In the Midi Studio Setup i am not seeing the digital device icons where I can click & drag the midi cable icon to connect to the devices. So how do I setup my MV & Korg Synth. properly with Pro Tools?

For the Plugins, I've opened Aux Tracks & insert the MiniGrand to midi track 1 & it'll play & i'll hear the sound & record & am able to hear the sound in playback sometimes. But when i open the Boom plugin & record it onto midi track 2 it'll jus play that with the MiniGrand in midi track 2 levels there but no MiniGrand Sound is coming out. I have them both recorded from the same start point (trying to layer the tracks). & when I open the Structure plugin, both the Boom & MiniGrand will not play any sound out but their levels & notes are there. So what do i do to correct this irritating problem?

Finally, I have an issue with My Bounce to disc in the MP3 option. Everytime I am ready to bounce it onto disc as MP3 & click oK ("The MP3 option cannot be enabled because: Module initialization failed for MP3.dll." pops up) How do I enable The MP3 option for bouce to disc?

Thank you in advance for the help. This has been very frustrating.

Sincerely,

Jei
(Do you guys have AIM?)