Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 09-02-2010, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Axiom Pro comments?

ubetcha,
Now I'll see if this thing is any good and actually try to get some work done ;-)
thanx again Aaron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
Well joy for a working Axiom Pro, Janne.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:45 AM

Edit....
I sorted it.
Apologies for being off-topic
Please Delete.

Jay
Old 09-03-2010, 11:26 AM

Directlink and hypercontrol: please compare and contrast.

I have an axiom pro 49 at home and kinda wish I didn't. Will it get a directlink firmware update?
Old 09-04-2010, 09:56 AM

Spicemix and .... dont see that very often
Tongue in cheek i,m sure.

For the record, its the info i wanted as the NEW reference in this thread threw me somewhat.... I thought Hypercontrol to be the NEW.
Anyhow ,,, from M-Audio..
DirectLink is not the same as HyperControl. Axiom DirectLink gives you basic control over the mixer for controls like volume, pan, mute/rec/solo/track select, and also features Instrument Mode which gives you 1 bank of controls over virtual instruments. HyperControl can also control insert plug-ins, sends, and gives you access to all device parameters.
http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread...-hyper-control.

Despite some negative comments (although more than likely justified) i decided to get the Axiom Pro.. I,m not a keyboardist and if the integration with PT Plug ins etc makes life easier on the eyes, then its well worth it.
I have to upgrade my Computer, so..
I,m thinking of going to a single display set up with a smaller one for plug ins .. VI..
What configuration, i,m not sure yet

Jay
Old 09-04-2010, 10:20 AM

Thx Jay. If you can get it at wholesale it's ok I suppose. Try against the Akai and novation, all cheap cwap IMO. I may have bought the last great Midi controller 15 years ago with the A-90.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:54 AM

I got a used one...... 170.00p pounds.
Around here thats half price compared to new, its all good, i dont rely on this for a living its just something i enjoy learning.. Looking forward to see what Avid are up to down the line.. I,m liking the colour purple lately, just got a guitar in that colour..could be their Mojo is actually working
Old 10-24-2010, 01:55 PM

My axiom pro 49 F1-F7 keys dont work. I have pro tools HD 8.1 running a mac pro osx 10.6.4. I have tried everything. Resets, hitting every combination I can think of, posted a youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXqLZY2HetE. I think the software needs an update. I really wish that they would look at this and stop sending me the same responses. I have looked at every video, downgraded, up graded deleted plug ins. I have done everything in the manual. The manual does not even cover what each option in the edit window does. I have not found any literature explaining any of those options. I have changed the the options in the load screen, sometimes the transport works, most of the time it does not. I have downloaded the midi application they suggested to test midi function www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/ I am at a loss I feel like this thing is gimped. I have sent over 10 emails to Avid, I have payed for phone calls and I talked to someone that has never even used pro tools. Do I need a midi cord, is it not just USB? Does the zone/group button need to be pressed? do I have to hit learn button in pro tools and map it out for plug ins that are not avid? I mean this is just not working. I am really thinking about taking it back and getting a new one just to see if there is a software glitch in this one.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:09 AM

i've had my axiom pro 49 since january of this year.. it's ok.. i was happy when i first got it, and it's great that it's integrated well with Protools.. but i dunno.. the knobs, sliders and drum pads don't feel all that great. the sliders are pretty much useless as the seem to have "variable resistance".. i saw someone at maudio saying it was a feature but it just makes it feel weird and you can't count on getting smooth slides unless you go very slowly. i wish the would have less resistance and not seem so "sticky" when you move them quickly

plus having to set up EVERYTHING on the keyboard is so tedious sometimes.

PTMP 8.0.1 // FLStudio 9 // WinXP SP3 // Axiom Pro 49 // Delta 44 // Mackie HR624 // AKG K701 // Emu 6400 Classic
Old 01-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmat04 View Post
My axiom pro 49 F1-F7 keys dont work. I have pro tools HD 8.1 running a mac pro osx 10.6.4. I have tried everything. Resets, hitting every combination I can think of, posted a youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXqLZY2HetE. I think the software needs an update. I really wish that they would look at this and stop sending me the same responses. I have looked at every video, downgraded, up graded deleted plug ins. I have done everything in the manual. The manual does not even cover what each option in the edit window does. I have not found any literature explaining any of those options. I have changed the the options in the load screen, sometimes the transport works, most of the time it does not. I have downloaded the midi application they suggested to test midi function www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/ I am at a loss I feel like this thing is gimped. I have sent over 10 emails to Avid, I have payed for phone calls and I talked to someone that has never even used pro tools. Do I need a midi cord, is it not just USB? Does the zone/group button need to be pressed? do I have to hit learn button in pro tools and map it out for plug ins that are not avid? I mean this is just not working. I am really thinking about taking it back and getting a new one just to see if there is a software glitch in this one.
I have the insane problem of my F2 F3 F4 F5 not functioning when hooked up to my Mac. With Win 7 PC it's works perfectly so I know it isn't the Axiom Pro. As far as having it hooked up to the mac, Everything else worked flawlessly; Soft Keys, faders, knobs etc... I had the same problems the original poster of this thread had with the four function keys (F2, F3, F4 F5) not arming tracks to record and the F4 and F5 were only able to solo and not mute my tracks.

After exhausting myself looking around forums everywhere, it doesn't seem this problem was ever resolved.

The only thing that works is Going to: Setup>Peripherals>Midi Controller and then deselecting the M-audio Keyboard (select none) then re-selecting M-Audio keyboard and re-selecting hypercontrol in and hypercontrol out. All F Keys work as they should along with everything else that was working. This is soooo annoying.

Can Avid please fix this!