Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2008, 03:16 PM

Default Midi Playing Back wrong rhythm

Hi,
I've been recording midi from my keyboard into PT.
I have Ozonic M powered and things have been OK. Yesterday I played something in that was syncopated and smooth, nothing different from the usual, and every time I try to play it back PT plays the midi to sound over accented and in a shuffle rhythm. That's not how I played it. Has anyone had this problem and if so would you know how I can fix it?
Thanks.
M
I am using a macbook 13". M powered 7.4.2c1 on Leopard 10.5.3. I made the upgrade a couple of months ago.
Interface: Ozonic
Keyboard: XP80.
Firewire drive: Mercury Elite with the proper USB.
I looked for threads with this problem. There are none. I searched google and I only came up with people who's midi was late, not wrong. I've had a couple of other odd midi issues, but one at time.
Keep in mind the piano was being recorded just fine until it suddenly started playing this one part back in the wrong rhythm. I don't understand it.
I tried making another midi track and replaying it. Same problem. I looked at the quantize menu to see if something was selected that shouldn't be. I am recording in slip mode. I always do.
I've added all this extra info at the end of my original post due to the reply below. I hope this is enough info. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Avid

Default Re: Midi Playing Back wrong rhythm

We're going to need a bit more info - please see the Help Us Help You thread below my signature...