Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-30-2001, 10:48 AM

Default Apple iTunes... conflict?

Hello,

I have a new 867 with OS 9.2.1, and no OSX. I have the Apple iTunes program installed so that I am able to burn cds and use my Superdrive.

Has anyone had any conflict troubles with iTunes and Pro Tools? I need to start weeding out programs from my computer since I have been plagued with massive Type 2, 2 etc errors. I am hoping that iTunes is cool because otherwise I don;t know how I'm gonna use my Superdrive.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Anyone who has an 867 with iTunes and no error problems, let me know. Or anyone who knows for a fact that iTunes IS a problem with Pro Tools... please let me know.

THANKS -imp
Old 10-30-2001, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Apple iTunes... conflict?

I have a dual processor 533, 001, and iTunes. I haven't had any problems with iTunes, my only problem is dual processor support........but that's another story.
Old 10-31-2001, 11:25 AM

My problem with itunes is it "loses" songs that previously worked fine. I go to burn one day, and it says something like: "original file cannot be found". This makes no sense, since it certainly had no problem finding all of those times before!
Old 10-31-2001, 11:38 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by SteveU:
My problem with itunes is it "loses" songs that previously worked fine. I go to burn one day, and it says something like: "original file cannot be found". This makes no sense, since it certainly had no problem finding all of those times before!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The MP3 icons in iTunes (and SoundJam) are only alias that refer to the original file, and not the original MP3 file - just like an imported track in ProTools. You’re getting that message because you either moved or renamed the MP3 file in the finder. Put your files were you want them, drag them into iTunes to create a new list - and don’t touch the original files again - Got it?