Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 09-22-2005, 11:54 AM

Default iTunes conflict

Has anyone ever seen a conflict between iTunes and Pro Tools. Ever since I updated iTunes to 4.9 and now 5.0.1 it won't launch. I called apple and they implied that it could be a conflict with Digi hardware, but since I don't have Apple Care for this Mac they wouldn't tell me anymore. I really don't want to go through taking my Mix+ cards out, since I won't be able to leave them out if that does happen to solve the problem. Any advice? Thanks/
Old 09-22-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: iTunes conflict

Are you trying to launch itunes with Pro Tools open? If you are trying to play itunes through your Digi hardware, only one application at a time can use it. Will itunes launch with internal speakers selected in your sound preferences? Do you have the latest core audio drivers? Just some things to check.

Bob
Old 09-26-2005, 08:05 AM

It's a conflict with Quicktime. I have the same issue and I see a lot of others are having it as well. I have yet to figure out how to revert to my old version of QT to make iTunes happy again. I did find out that if you have protools open and then launch iTunes it will run, but you have to use the Mac output because Digi is using the PT hardware.

Kirk
Old 09-26-2005, 08:13 AM

[It's a conflict with Quicktime. I have the same issue and I see a lot of others are having it as well. I have yet to figure out how to revert to my old version of QT to make iTunes happy again. I did find out that if you have protools open and then launch iTunes it will run, but you have to use the Mac output because Digi is using the PT hardware.]

There are a couple of downloads on the QuickTime support page at Apple.com (http://www.apple.com/support/quicktime/); one to take you back to 7.0.1 and the other to then get you from 7.0.1 to 6.5.2. As far as QT goes, that fixed the problem for me.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:31 AM

...and after running the QuickTime v6.5.2 reinstaller from 7.0.1 you may want to trash your QuickTime, iTunes and AudioMIDISetup prefs. (Find those located in the Hard Drive > Users folder > ...home... > Library > Preference).