Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 08-29-2019, 01:05 AM

Default Anyone using DMG Equality with Dock and happy with knob mappings?

Equality has always been my default EQ, but it seems the knob mappings are completely counter intuitive on the Dock (and also S3), seems like maybe they are made for S6. Band 1 is on right side and 2 on left. HP and LP on different pages etc

Anyone know if its possible or how to change this?

Also is it possible to set the EQ button on the Dock to point to a specific EQ if there are multiple EQ's on the inserts? At the moment it will open the first EQ, it doesn't take into account what EQ is selected in Mixing preferences as default EQ and slot.

Thanks
Old 08-29-2019, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Anyone using DMG Equality with Dock and happy with knob mappings?

Mapping is up to the developer. Contact them.
There are also two different sets of maps: one is for the plugin type (so Eq in this case and shows up under EQ controls) and the other is Inserts (so shows under the general inserts section.)

You might want to look at both. I have contacted developers before when their mapping was off. Sometimes they didn’t notice since they were looking at only one of the maps.
Old 08-30-2019, 08:36 AM

Default Re: Anyone using DMG Equality with Dock and happy with knob mappings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmagnetic View Post
Equality has always been my default EQ, but it seems the knob mappings are completely counter intuitive on the Dock (and also S3), seems like maybe they are made for S6. Band 1 is on right side and 2 on left. HP and LP on different pages etc

Anyone know if its possible or how to change this?

Also is it possible to set the EQ button on the Dock to point to a specific EQ if there are multiple EQ's on the inserts? At the moment it will open the first EQ, it doesn't take into account what EQ is selected in Mixing preferences as default EQ and slot.

Thanks
I use Equality every day. I've given up on seeing intuitive mappings. I contacted DMG a while back. You should definitely reach out, too.