Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2019, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkalman View Post
I wonder if anyone actually bought the MTRX.
Yeah. I'd say it sold well. As many as can be made are being sold with at least the third back log of orders happening now. There's been a 2-4 month wait on them. DAD is making them as fast as they can.

(the other thing is those of us who work in post, large channel count recording, or remote recording buy more than one)
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3.1, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire Max11 x 2, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.6 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 04-24-2019, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Yeah. I'd say it sold well. As many as can be made are being sold with at least the third back log of orders happening now. There's been a 2-4 month wait on them. DAD is making them as fast as they can.

(the other thing is those of us who work in post, large channel count recording, or remote recording buy more than one)
Thanks for the info! I wasn't sure if they were selling due to the exorbitant pricing. It is an impressive piece of hardware though.

https://soundcloud.com/jason-kalman
Old 04-24-2019, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkalman View Post
Thanks for the info! I wasn't sure if they were selling due to the exorbitant pricing. It is an impressive piece of hardware though.
Do you mean the good old 192 was cheaper? As a 16x8 configuration it cost roughly 5k euros not so long ago, with 10k you could get 32x16 -- and MTRX converters are better, not to even mention features not available in 192 interface.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I know atleast 5 studios who has MTRX and just a FYI These studios and producers who are serious professionals dont come to forums what so ever, I mean when did you actually see a top 10 producer here LOL Not happening! The pros we work with and collab with and I mean PRO guys and gals spend their time actually working and don’t go to forums to complain and waste their time.
And they certainly would not moderate one!
Old 04-24-2019, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Thanks for those words considering I do this for free on my own time to help keep this a nice place to congregate

What do you know about what I do and have done in this business to say what you did? I wont go down that road here as I have been producing and living extremely well on music for the last 20 years so I know what I am talking about!

Do you own at least two fully loaded MTRX’s? Otherwise you cannot possibly be a top professional.

Oh and thanks for implicating yourself that someone cannot be a professional user and is just wasting his time when he complains at the forum over here about what the heck is going on with AVID for asking money for software updates but not giving them for 7 months regarding Mojave compatibility.

If you can dish it out, you should at least be able to take it as well. Peace.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDorn View Post
Do you own at least two fully loaded MTRX’s? Otherwise you cannot possibly be a top professional.

Oh and thanks for implicating yourself that someone cannot be a professional user and is just wasting his time when he complains at the forum over here about what the heck is going on with AVID for asking money for software updates but not giving them for 7 months regarding Mojave compatibility.

WOW!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-24-2019, 07:41 AM

Quote:

Some of us here definitely appreciate the MODs . And they should not have to "take it" for any reason, especially snipes and quips based in ignorance of actual circumstances, or from simple impatience. Frustration is not a condition of the universe IT IS ALWAYS self inflicted for which the answer and cure lies within not without

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 04-24-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Frustration is not a condition of the universe IT IS ALWAYS self inflicted for which the answer and cure lies within not without
Where's that puke emoji when you need it?
The DUC seems to have become a pretty wild place with all sorts of weird and issue ridden roamers. Fitting clientel to the cancerous mothership that is Avid.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 04-24-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
WOW!
OH I'm sorry for accidentally quoting your deleted post. Perhaps you realized yourself, after 3 revisions, that it was not that smart to post it after all.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming you for the ridiculous business strategy of Avid. It's just not necessary to respond to complaining AVID customers over here with implications about their level of professionalism. Actually, such responses are quite unprofessional itself.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming you for the ridiculous business strategy of Avid. It's just not necessary to respond to complaining AVID customers over here with implications about their level of professionalism. Actually, such responses are quite unprofessional itself.
+1
Don't know where this is coming from, Christopher. You always seemed very reasonable to me. Did Janne hack your account? Sounds a lot more akin to his brainfarting.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock