How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2018, 02:11 PM

Default Can not get a good metal tone!

I have been trying for a while to get a decent metal guitar tone. I bought a used POD HD300 and wanted something a bit better but still fairly cheap so I decided to grab an Eleven Rack. I am not happy with it at all, I can not get a decent tight metal tone. Everything sounds weird, I have some decent studio headphones and tried different stereos I have in my house. Sure, I need monitors but I can get tones using VST effects that I like with the audio setups I have. The treadplate sounds terrible sounds like it needs a tube screamer or something even after I mess with all the distortions. I have been messing with the DC Modern SOD but still not entirely happy with the tone I get. Any advice would be helpful. I want something I can use for playing 1 to 2 gigs a year and really want to just do digital straight to the board. Thanks