Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 08-18-2018, 03:32 PM

Default Protools Activation Challenge

I am trying to Activate my Protools 10, 11, 12 Perpetual Bundle License but im not winning. i've gone through all the steps from the Activation Videos but on my Avid Application Manager it still indicates that my Protools is not Activated.

I can see the license on my ilok account and I activated it onto my ilok 2 and I can see it on my ilok 2.

I've been using the Protools monthly subscription which was working perfectly so the challenge only began now when trying to Activate the perpetual license.

Im on MAC OS 10.13.4, and I have the latest ilok license manager which I uninstalled and installed a couple of times to make sure that wasn't the issue, I also did the same with my Protools.

Please may you assist
Old 08-20-2018, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Protools Activation Challenge

Welcome to the community.

What version of Pro Tools do you have installed? You have a Pro Tools with Upgrade and Support Plan 2015 license bundle which can only authorize Pro Tools 10.0-12.5.2. If your Upgrade Plan was current when 12.6 was released (9/28/2016) then you should have received the updated license bundle that adds a Release Limit date (seen in the Details for that license/bundle in iLok License Manager) which controls the versions authorized based on release date. If your Upgrade Plan expired prior to that then you should install a version of Pro Tools provided prior to your plan's end date to run on your license.

See avid.force.com/pkb/articles/download/Pro-Tools-12-6-Info-and-Downloads#licensing when this was noted in the 12.6 release and avid.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/Pro-Tools-Licensing-FAQ for other licensing info.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:12 PM

Thank you for your response.

Firstly I had installed Protools 2018 because it was available on ‘my products’ and it wasn’t working, then I tried 12.6 which also wasn’t working. Right now I installed Protools 11.3 which is working though I can’t get any of my 3rd party plugins to work.

If I purchase an upgrade plan will that fix my issues?
Old 08-29-2018, 11:02 PM

Looks like you got ahold of Avid CS after posting here so hopefully that helped get things back on track.