Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 07-21-2018, 02:58 PM

Default PT Software "Vanilla"

Hi,

I got my HDX cards today - - but I'm here just to ask about the PT Vanilla software.

My HDX card(s) will be on PT Ultimate (unnderstood)-but what is the situation with PT Vanilla?-Is this now version 12? (and not Ultimate)(vanilla)?

What are the update costs for the Vanilla sofware?-I take it they are cheaper than Ultimate updates (for the HD/HDX cards)?-But I don't know exactly which is why I ask.

Hopefully this post is in the correct place and won't be moved like the other two posts I made last week--Sorry admin!
Old 07-28-2018, 11:05 AM

Default Re: PT Software "Vanilla"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazzz View Post
...My HDX card(s) will be on PT Ultimate (unnderstood)-but what is the situation with PT Vanilla?-Is this now version 12? (and not Ultimate)(vanilla)?
Current version is 2018.4 (we changed to year.month versioning at the start of 2018 to better align with a license's Release Limit) for both Pro Tools and Pro Tools Ultimate.
Quote:
What are the update costs for the Vanilla sofware?-I take it they are cheaper than Ultimate updates (for the HD/HDX cards)?-But I don't know exactly which is why I ask.
Upgrading from an older version/expired Pro Tools Upgrade Plan is $299, renewing an existing Upgrade Plan is $99. (As noted in the FAQ, there's a 30-day grace period following expiration.)
www.avid.com/pro-tools/upgrades-and-renewals
avid.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/Pro-Tools-Licensing-FAQ