Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 07-15-2018, 02:05 AM

Default Why can't I access a Pro Tools 11 installer?

I have a new Mac and trying to get Pro Tools on to it. I have a perpetual licence for ProTools 11 (and 10). My iLok has the licences on it as it did before and no issue there.

PROBLEM: ONLY ProTools 12 is available for download in my account. I do NOT have a ProTools 12 licence on my iLok (obviously as I never paid for PT12).

All the support pages on the Avid site simply redirect to my account where ProTools 11 is NOT available.

My iLok will only allow me to use ProTools11 as this is the licence on the iLok account.

The Download Centre, also, does not offer up ProTools11 for download so this does not help either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Obvious solution is that Avid makes the original installers easily accessible? This would solve it for ALL users who find themselves in this situation, and negate the need for frustrated users to raise support tickets (I'm hoping that Avid isn't trying to induce a market for paid support tickets).

I've managed to get all my various plugin provider softwares all downloaded and good to go, but Pro Tools is a nightmare by comparison.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Why can't I access a Pro Tools 11 installer?

Welcome to the community.

Will check to see if there's a support case started for this yet, but in the mean time please check the Products Not Yet Downloaded section of your my.avid.com account in case there's a license upgrade waiting there for you.