Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2019, 04:16 PM

Default Re: New Pricing

I would wait with the knee jerking until we hear from the horses mouth. I dont trust any ”reseller” as they too can speculate and misunderstand just like we all done here from time to time.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-23-2019, 08:31 PM

I just bought my ultimate support renewal and it worked fine. Via sweetwater sound.

My support was up dec 14. Sweetwater has it on sale now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2019, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arche3 View Post
I just bought my ultimate support renewal and it worked fine. Via sweetwater sound.

My support was up dec 14. Sweetwater has it on sale now.

Renewal, not reinstatement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2019, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkofani View Post
God are we far from the time they’d put out a new version, you decide if it’s worth buying by looking at the new feature, if not, you pass and just pay a bit more if the version after that is of interest to you. They show the goods and you pay. Now, you pay and hope what you pay for will be of interest to you.
Blink
second that, 100%
Old 11-24-2019, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I would wait with the knee jerking until we hear from the horses mouth. I dont trust any ”reseller” as they too can speculate and misunderstand just like we all done here from time to time.
My info is not from a reseller but a supplier, a distributor if you will. But you’re right. Final word will be from Avid themselves.

Funny how every couple of fiscal quarter end, Avid pulls out a rabbit out of its hat, forcing people to lay down cash before they would have otherwise.

Blink
Old 11-24-2019, 05:59 AM

Jumping in to say that I'm on a PT Ultimate yearly subscription, and the normal cost to renew each year is $399.00. However, towards the end of each year, there is a sale (currently going on), which gives you a 15-20% discount, bringing the price to $320-$340.

It seems that most of you are not on Ultimate, so I'm posting so you can compare Ultimate pricing.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:53 AM

Default Re: What's going on? Renewal is now DOUBLE the price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscomposer View Post
Not to derail things too much, but does the shifted automation translate to bouncing? And does it still happen with "sample accurate automation" on (worth double-checking)?
Yes.. you can PM me if you need more info. what you hear is how it will bounce..
Any automation on that track will move by approximately double of the total insert latency on the track, but even that is random.. so you can't just get the latency of the plugins on the track and move the automation by that.

There is only ONE workaround. (believe me I spent so much time on this.. and as a heavy UAD user it became a nightmare.. I have tried everything you can think of).. The workaround is to mirror the track with a bus.. and put the insert effects on the bus.. Busses have sample accurate automation at all times and I guess since I have seen many people happy with the workaround (put the track and bus in a folder and make it like a single track), apple don't care.
I did do it for one project that had 100 tracks, so there were 100 busses with insert effects and no insert effects on the tracks.. to me it just drove me crazy and that was why I cracked and left. I have recently found out I am ever so slightly dyslexic.. very minor but enough that that sort of thing can confuse and overwhelm me sometimes.
So yeah, output all AU instruments to their own bus, all audio tracks to their own bus, then busses to busses for groups and sends/etc. LOL. It works though and in THAT case, matches the tightness of PT and S1 automation which is far ahead of Cubase which is sloppy with it's automation timing. Very.

Let's leave that one here but I am happy to answer anything else via PM. I'll be sending my regular feedback to Logic support about it soon. One time, one of the head coders of Logic contacted me to please ask for a video showing him so he could understand better.. My apple id was registered to an email I no longer used so I changed it.. but it was THAT email I was registered to when the feedback went through.. and I happened to check it out of curiosity a year later.. there was an email from Apple!. I replied and replied and explained the delay but never heard again. I literally had a chance to have direct communication and get it solved. Don't changed your apple ID email unless you have to! i changed mine and look what happened. I missed a vital email.
Cheers.
Old 11-24-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkofani View Post
I can confirm the info about the change in pricing. After dec 31st 2019, reinstatement won’t be possible, if you let your plan lapse you’ll either have to buy a new licence or go subscription. Funny as I received an email a couple of days ago from Sweetwater telling/warning me my plan was about to end. It was weird reading it as it was almost like: «*you’re a bad boy if you let it end without paying and you’ll be punished for this*».

Well, you know what, I won’t be punished at all as I’m not in a position where I have to have PT. I was just keeping the plan active as it can be practical to have the industry standard at hand. And the problem is not the 199$ per se, it’s what you get for that money(double of what it used to be), the value of it if you will.

I understand the people who are in a position where they need that software will be willing to pay for this(which is not much if you earn your living with it) but doubling the price for not delivering the goods, which was «*the new way of doing things will enable us to bring you more regular updates to the program*» must be a bit hard to swallow. I sure would find it hard to swallow if they got me by the balls. It’s like giving money to the burglar who just robbed your house...

Blink
This.. You said it perfectly.
There has been a disturbing trend lately.. well, slowly happening the last decade or so, in all facets of products, where the customer is at the merchant's mercy and never, ever comes first.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:21 PM

Am I hallucinating a Mike Thornton post earlier here that linked to some info from Avid that has now vanished? I didn't get to check out the link as had no time.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 11-24-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Renewal, not reinstatement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh. It's so confusing lol