Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2016, 03:19 PM

Default AAE error -6117

Hi,

i've recently downloaded Pro Tools First, however during startup, a window appears saying I will be directed to the Playback Engine.

When pressing okay, i'm greeted with a window which says, "AAE error -6117 was encountered". When clicking "more info", Pro Tools says "The selected audio device could not be initialized. Please choose another audio device"

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Pro Tools, but I get the same error each time. Any advice on what I could do? I've tried searching up the error but I cannot find any information on it.

My audio interface is the Roland Quad Capture.

Thanks
Old 09-03-2016, 03:36 PM

Default Re: AAE error -6117

Hi,

We need a lot more, you dont say what OS or what computer, interface, hard drives etc etc etc

Please review the help us help you thread at the top of each page and post back the details needed to help you fix this

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050

Welcome to the Community and hope we can help you get started.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-04-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexej View Post
Hi,

i've recently downloaded Pro Tools First, however during startup, a window appears saying I will be directed to the Playback Engine.

When pressing okay, i'm greeted with a window which says, "AAE error -6117 was encountered". When clicking "more info", Pro Tools says "The selected audio device could not be initialized. Please choose another audio device"

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Pro Tools, but I get the same error each time. Any advice on what I could do? I've tried searching up the error but I cannot find any information on it.

My audio interface is the Roland Quad Capture.

Thanks
Are you on Windows? If so, have you installed the ASIO driver for your interface? If so, check this video:

PRO TOOLS | FIRST AAE ERROR -6117 FIX (when you already have an ASIO Interface/ASIO4ALL)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2a3kTqM0y8

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-13-2016, 06:45 AM

I just had the same error message. Turning off all audio playback and record options on my laptop fixed the problem.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Buey View Post
I had this same error message. Using Pro Tools First...came free with a Focusrite 2i4 audio interface. I contacted seller (Sweetwater) regarding error message. They told me I needed to turn off all playback and record audio settings on my laptop. I did, error message went away and I was able to finish installing Pro Tools First.
WORKED FOR ME!!!
Brilliant!!!
Old 03-01-2017, 06:08 AM

Worked for me also, but now I cannot listen to streaming audio (tutorial) while I have ptf open.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredwiggins View Post
Worked for me also, but now I cannot listen to streaming audio (tutorial) while I have ptf open.
Same here. All playback and recording options turned off from the notebook. PTF installed ok, then I re-actived those aoptions (otherwise I could not listen to anything from the notebook speakers or headphones).
Now when PTF is launched I cannot get any audio from internet sources (youtube, avid quick start tutorials, etc.).