Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2013, 11:06 AM

Default Artist Series Controllers with soundscape?

I am looking at picking up several of the artist series controllers, but had a few questions about compatibility:

-Although I see that Soundscape is not listed as being an officially supported DAW, I also see that the artist series controllers are capable of mackie emulation (which, to my knowledge is the best choice for control of soundscape). Has any one used these controllers with soundscape? If so, what kind of integration can I expect?

-This is very important to me, because even when I am working in protools or Nuendo, I am actually mixing through SSL's DSP-based software mixer. So, in order for this to be worth it for me, I need to know that I can control faders, EQ and Dynamics.

-Finally, and this may be wishful thinking, but will there be a way to have the transport section control nuendo or protools (running in the background) while the faders and knobs control the SSL mixer software?

Many thanks in advance! I tried calling tech support, but it doesn't seem to be worth paying for support to ask questions which will only decide whether or not I will purchase a product! Furthermore the manual is vague!
Old 03-11-2013, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Artist Series Controllers with soundscape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Productions View Post
I am looking at picking up several of the artist series controllers, but had a few questions about compatibility:
wow, wow, several, I suggest you read through this board slowly and carefully first, to avoid some surprises later on..........................
Old 03-11-2013, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Artist Series Controllers with soundscape?

Hmmm...I can only assume that you mean the cornucopia of general problems people have been having! I searched the forum as thoroughly as possible to see if any one had discussed the artist series with Soundscape BEFORE posting (to avoid being THAT guy who asks a question that's been answered a hundred times already).

After taking your advice I did, however, notice that there are many people reporting problems with Mackie emulation. Disappointing...I am looking for something which they (Argosy or the like) make a custom workstation for. The Mackie Control Universal line seems like the obvious reliable choice, but no workstations. Maybe time to build!