Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 03-17-2003, 07:05 AM

Default Problem getting both controller and soft synth to work in my studio

I'm brand new to working with MIDI so I'm sure this is just a matter of setting up the configuration correctly.

I have a Digi002 unit, a Cooper CS-10/2 MIDI based control surface, and a Oxygen 8 synth controller that operates via USB. The CS-10/2 controller is plugged into the MIDI in and out on the Digi002 and works just fine...until I plug the Oxygen 8 into the USB port and start working with the synth software that came with the Digi002 (SampleTank, Pro-52). Then the synth works just fine, but I've lost the CS-10/2.

I have gone to the OMS Setup screens and tried configuing the connections, but each time I return, the generic "?" icons are back and I get a "lost communication with Cooper controller" error message. There's also a pull down menu under peripherals that I've visited repeatedly to select the Cooper controller, but that doesn't resolve the problem. To make matters more complicated, the Oxygen 8 driver installation instructions say that it's supposed to install a couple of specific Keystation extensions, but I've tried running it a couple times and still can't find those extensions. There is a MIDI USB extension that seems to be providing the connectivity, but it's not the one named in the instruction manual.

Don't know if this is one issue or several. Any light you can shed would be appreciated. I'm running this setup on a 800 MHz G4 PowerMac with 512 MB of RAM, OS 9.2.2.