Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2012, 02:07 PM

Default Can't "Launch Setup App" on Hardware Setup

I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 and Pt 9 on a Win 7 PC. When I clicl the "Launch Setup App" button, it doesn't do anything.

Should this go to the MixControl application? I find using the Pro 40 with Pt cumbersome because everytime I change Sample Rate or Buffer Size, I am forced to shut down Prowtools, Change the settng in Mixcontrol, then and restart Protools.

Does anyone know a better way?
Old 01-22-2012, 05:13 PM

I'm listening - please let me know if u do.....

I should charge Tapatalk 2 pennies every time this message comes up !!!
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:36 AM

Default Re: Can't "Launch Setup App" on Hardware Setup

While I don't use my saffire 40 as the main interface, I do use it as a digital interface with my 192 digital. I have found the only way to change the interface options, like clock speed, I have to use the saffire's interface, which I have to open outside of pro tools. Any changes I make are then immediately felt in pro tools. I think your issue is because pro tools has to make the change in its talking to the saffire unit because it is your main interface, thus causing it to have to reset. Anytime you make a hardware setting change within pro tools there has to be some type of communication/handshaking going on between the software and hardware, sometimes either calling for pro tools to restart or restart the hardware. The saffire interface used to be a plug-in, which didn't require it to be opened outside of Pro Tools. That changed in version 9.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:39 PM

Thanks for the answers and I can understand what you are sayung. What concern me is, if I go to the Hardware setup window and click on the "Launch Setup App" button, nothing happens. I would expect it to go to the Saffire MixControl application.

There must be a way to set this up in PT, but I haven't been able to locate it. Sometimes I've found, PT documentation, especially installation stuff is incomplete.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjkool View Post
Thanks for the answers and I can understand what you are sayung. What concern me is, if I go to the Hardware setup window and click on the "Launch Setup App" button, nothing happens. I would expect it to go to the Saffire MixControl application.

There must be a way to set this up in PT, but I haven't been able to locate it. Sometimes I've found, PT documentation, especially installation stuff is incomplete.
On MAC it works as follows.. there maybe an equivalent in Windows, not sure and hope I never have to know..
Open PT, go to SETUP drop down menu, select MIDI, Midi Setup.. then when that opens, go to "window" and select the audio window if it is not open already. FF
Old 01-31-2012, 07:11 PM

Maybe something is different with PCs and Macs, but there is nothing I can do in MIDI Studio Setup with my audio interface.

Can anyone on a PC get to their DAW interface's software by clicking "Launch Setup App" in the Hardware setup window??
Old 01-31-2012, 07:38 PM

I will try it tonight (finally, huh)

Did u install the RTAS mix control??

I can definitely access the mix control screen thru that one (the Rtas)

Old 01-31-2012, 08:41 PM

Nope mine doesn't either and I have mix control up behind pt and it doesn't even bring it into view or brig it up front -

Not a showstopper here b/c like I said I always run mix control behind the protools window

I should charge Tapatalk 2 pennies every time this message comes up !!!