Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 04-26-2012, 04:04 PM

Default HELP....Pro tools + Sampletank setting midi channels.

Please help me, I'm running Pro tools 9 with SampleTank 2.5. How do I set up midi channels between the two. I want to run multiple instruments in one track in ST (without creating a new track for every plug in in PT) and be able to view and edit them in Pro tools. Is there an editorial for this? I'm going crazy!!1 I can't figure out the ins and outs in setting up the midi channels.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:07 AM

Default Re: HELP....Pro tools + Sampletank setting midi channels.

Hi Pierre.

If you're using the RTAS version of Sampletank 2.5 and have one instance of it in a PT Instrument Track's Insert, then just use Sampletank's Channel and Out parameters (using the mouse to increment or decrement the values) and set the PT Instrument Track's MIDI Output Selector and the Audio Input Path Selector to the corresponding values that you want. Just add more Instrument Tracks that reference the one instance of Sampletank in PT's first Instrument Track. Any of those Instrument Tracks can have layered patches and use whichever of Sampletank's Outputs that you want to use. The first of PT's Instrument Tracks will default to Sampletank's 1+2 outs (stereo) and will have "No Input" in the Audio Input Path Selector parameter.

Hope that's clear and helpful.

MOTU 828 MkII firewire interface

Win 7 Professional x64 (SP1)
Gigabyte EX58-UD5 Mobo
Core i7 920 OC'd to 3.5GHz
12Gb RAM DDR3
3 x 1TB 7200rpm hard drives (OS, samples, audio)
nVIDIA GeForce 9600GT