Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 04-03-2019, 09:18 AM

Default Courser-line should be automatically tell the transport where to start?!

Hi,

I want to start play where the courser is when using a shuttle wheel WITHOUT having to extra grab the mouse to click the timeline for a starting point for the playback. Like it is in every other DAW.

And no, I'm NOT talking about Pre-Roll, Count-in, Dynamic Transport, Link Timeline and Edit Selection, and Insertion Follows Playback.

The courser-line should be automatically tell the transport where to start. I'm going slightly nuts about it. Is there a way?

kind regards
Old 04-03-2019, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Courser-line should be automatically tell the transport where to start?!

Which shuttle wheel are you using? Are you using HUI?

I use a Presonus Faderport and when I scroll back or forwards to a particular spot on the timeline it plays from that spot.

System Details
Old 04-03-2019, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Courser-line should be automatically tell the transport where to start?!

contour shuttle pro v2
Old 04-16-2019, 06:54 AM

There is a preference for "Edit Insertion Follows Scrub/Shuttle". If this ism checked, and Link Timeline and Edit Selection is on, then it should behave the way you want.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
There is a preference for "Edit Insertion Follows Scrub/Shuttle". If this ism checked, and Link Timeline and Edit Selection is on, then it should behave the way you want.
Thanks for the response, but it doesn't work either.