Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2011, 05:12 AM

Default Recording multiple midi drum channels to multiple audio tracks?

Hello,

I have a SINGLE MIDI track in Pro Tools containing a drum performance. Is there a quick way for me to record each of the drums and cymbals etc out to separate audio tracks, e.g. midi's bass drum out to a new audio track, midi snare out to a new track, etc? I had thought there was a quick way that Pro Tools could do this, where it automatically took each pitch/channel which has data in the midi track and recorded it out to its own audio track. Can anyone help?

I know how to split the single MIDI file out into separate MIDI tracks, with a separate track for each pitch/channel, but can PT go the extra step and convert it to audio rather than midi? Or would I then have to manually create a new audio track for each separate midi pitch/channel track and route the output from each individual MIDI track to the input of the new corresponding audio track? Seems a bit involved.

Thanks for your help in advance