Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 09-18-2012, 04:59 PM

Default Installer doesn´t open!!!

Hello!
I have a new mac mini 2.3 Ghz with 8Gb ram and a Project Mix I/O.
I´m trying to run the installer of Protools 9 but get stuck, blinking trying to open then it crashes... The OS X is: 10.8.1
I have the drivers installed, iLok installed... Just protools that I can´t even open the installer. Any help???

No, I don´t have installed any previous [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] on it. My macmini is new. I bought 1 week ago.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:15 PM

OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion is not officially supported with Pro Tools 9, it is with Pro Tools 10.3, but you should be able to get this to work.

Before major installs of new things, especially unsupported configurations, you should look around here first or search on Avid's web site or knowledge base. Had you done that you would have found this...http://www.avid.com/static/resources...ntcmp=AV-HP-S3 Note the important step about Gatekeeper, that may be your issue here, although I am not sure why you are not seeing an error message.

If that does not work the safest route may be to purchase an upgrade to Pro Tools 10.

Darryl
Old 09-18-2012, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Installer doesn´t open!!!

Hummmm still the same... The installer icon goes to the dock and gets blinking... then it stops and when you click on it for more than 2 seconds (To see the menu - Keep on dock, remove from dock etc) Says above: Not responding...
Old 09-18-2012, 09:43 PM

Still the same after running the Gate keeper work around instructions? Help us know exactly what you are doing. What exact version installer? obtained from where? DVD in the superdrive or running from a download?

Especially if trying to run from the DVD go to you Avid account and download the latest full installer you can and try running that installer off disk. If you have done that before do it again.

Darryl
Old 09-18-2012, 09:53 PM

What does the system console utility say when you try to run the installer? Often you'll see interesting errors/messages appear there with install failures.

You are running as administrator?

Darryl
Old 09-19-2012, 02:49 AM

Still the same after running the Gate keeper work around instructions? Help us know exactly what you are doing. What exact version installer? obtained from where? DVD in the superdrive or running from a download?

Especially if trying to run from the DVD go to you Avid account and download the latest full installer you can and try running that installer off disk. If you have done that before do it again.

What am I doing? Just clicking on the installer... it doesn´t open, it doesn´t appear any message error, nothing... Just get blinking on dock... I downloaded the lastest version from my avid account - 9.05... I also tried the 9 and 7.3. Full Installer

What does the system console utility say when you try to run the installer? Often you'll see interesting errors/messages appear there with install failures.

You are running as administrator?

No messages, no install errors it doesn´t appear anything.
Yes administrator.. I´m the only one who uses this computer and everything is disabled there.. Firewall, permissions, passwords blablabla

I have running this before on my Snow Leopard, it was a mac book pro but burnt 2 weeks ago and I decided to buy this macmini and it comes with Lion 10.8.1
Old 09-19-2012, 11:32 AM

Launch the installer from system/library/CoreServices/installer
Pick the Protools installer from there and it should install. Typical Avid crap
Old 09-19-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBboy View Post
Launch the installer from system/library/CoreServices/installer
Pick the Protools installer from there and it should install. Typical Avid crap
<3 Love you so much! It´s alive and working!
Thank you very much! :)
Old 09-27-2012, 01:14 PM

Thanks soooo much. I had the same problem.... it's been driving me nuts all week trying to find a solution. Now my new MBP is useful.