Scorch for iPad Support FAQ

Avid Scorch

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Old 12-21-2011, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Avid Scorch Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Pearson View Post
Hello Cecile S.,

Which country do you live in? It may be that there are licence issues preventing some of the music being distributed in your country. Let me know and I will look into this for you.

Best wishes,

Joe
Joe,
Any news from Avid regarding my problem?
Old 01-11-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Pearson View Post
Hello Cecile S.,

Which country do you live in? It may be that there are licence issues preventing some of the music being distributed in your country. Let me know and I will look into this for you.

Best wishes,

Joe
Hi Joe,
It's been more than a month. Any news? I hope you could help somehow. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Avid

Hi Cecile,

What country is your iTunes account associated with? If your account is registered in the Philippines, you should certainly be seeing scores in the store.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 01-12-2012, 06:13 PM

Thank you for your reply Ben. I checked thrice. My iTunes account is associated to my home country, Philippines. I do understand that there are only certain types of items from the iTunes Store that I can buy in my country. But you say that I should be able to buy scores from the Avid Scorch Store. Since I purchased the app more than a month ago, all I can view and access under My Scores are the 10 free sample scores. The Scorch Store turns blank for all the other categories such as "Featured," "New Releases," "Top Scores," etc. It's been more than a month since I purchased the App. I hope to be able to access the scores. I hope Avid's tech team can provide prompt support. Thanks for your reply and I hope you can help resolve the problem.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:48 AM
Avid

Hi Cecile,

Very curious - I'm just in the process of setting up a Philippine iTunes account myself to see if I can replicate the problem.

Ben
Old 01-13-2012, 04:59 AM
Avid

I'm afraid to say that I can't seem to replicate the issue. I created a Philippine account and I could see the scores in the store OK.

I'll private message you the login details and you can try it to see if there's a problem specific to your account.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:23 PM

Unhappy Re: Avid Scorch Store

Last December 2011, I installed Avid Scorch for the iPad. However, when I tried to browse and search the Scorch Store, the default categories under "Featured" namely "Popular" and "Recommended" do not turn up any results. My list is blank. I have tried to re-install Avid Scorch and it is still the same. When I try to search for available scores, the App closes automatically. When I try to "See All" under "All Popular Scores", I get "no scores found". Benjamin Timms, Director of Engineering at Sibelius tried to help and we had a few exchanges and tried a few things. Didn' t work though. I gave up and decided I would just wait until they fixed whatever bug was causing my problem. I would try opening the App every now and then. Finally, when I tried opening the App this June (after 7 months) viola! Scores finally appeared and all was well. Yesterday I updated my iPad to ios 5.1.1. Guess what?! My problem is back and the Scorch Store doesn't turn up with any score at all. I hope they fix the problem soon.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Cecile,

I've just asked Ben to check the status of the Scorch store for you; can you confirm that the problem is still present?

Best wishes,

Joe
Old 06-26-2012, 05:40 PM

Thank you for your reply Joe. I checked my Avid App this morning and I confirm that the problem is still there. This App is one of my favorites and I hope to be able to use it to the fullest soon. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Cecile,

I've asked Ben to get in touch with you directly to see if we can get this ironed out.

Best wishes,

Joe