Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2018, 11:05 AM

Default Why aren't hardware devs taking AAX seriously?

Do you ever get anything done but whine about stuff? It is obvious Pro Tools does not focus on composition, it is obvious what is available, but you chose it... and just fill up DUC with endless whining about it. Please go pick another DAW to use and whine elsewhere...

Now I like many folks here would like to see MIDI editing and overall composition improved as a focus for Avid. And then hopefully the developers will follow, and Avid encouraging that would need to be part of a plan. But I've also just not hold my breath for any of that. And what it is today is what it is....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 01-02-2018 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Why aren't hardware devs taking AAX seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
once again you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, and interjecting your nonsense for no reason.

VI means virtual instrument.. This has NOTHING to do with the topic I have created..

Every single major *VI* developer in existence, already takes pro tools and avid seriously. EVERY important virtual synth and sampler is in AAX native format. Even Steinberg have ported Halion with version 6. Steinberg only started with VST, and slowly begrudgingly moved to AU as well, so for them to do AAX is a huge step.

What I am talking about is control panel instruments for hardware synths, as made clear in my opening post.
It is curiously, only this sector of the market, that has not ben adopted to AAX yet. As far as VI's, AAX is more than covered. Way more.

Do you ever actually answer ON topic, ever?
The reason developers don't do what you want is because there is no real market big enough for them to get into to spend the time and money on developing such a product. Have you even given Blue Cat Patchwork an honest shot at running what you want? I know you said you tried it but really - how much time did you spend on it? As much time as you spend here whinging about PT's supposed shortcomings?

QAPLA!
Old 01-02-2018, 03:27 PM

The first thread with BEEF 🥩 of the New Year 🤩🤩🤩🤩

(I’ve nothing better to do than lurk)

Sorry it’s cold Outside 🤠🤠🤠
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
The first thread with BEEF 🥩 of the New Year 🤩🤩🤩🤩

(I’ve nothing better to do than lurk)

Sorry it’s cold Outside 🤠🤠🤠
How cold is it? It's so cold the pickpockets are keeping their hands in their own pockets (this is an old saying from the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson from back in the 70's). Here in Trenton we've had single digit lows on New Year's Eve night.

QAPLA!
Old 01-02-2018, 07:18 PM

Daniel c’mon you have an Icon to hug to keep warm....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
The reason developers don't do what you want is because there is no real market big enough for them to get into to spend the time and money on developing such a product. Have you even given Blue Cat Patchwork an honest shot at running what you want? I know you said you tried it but really - how much time did you spend on it? As much time as you spend here whinging about PT's supposed shortcomings?
Do you even know what this topic is about? What, have a band of you haters from KVR come together to try continuously bait me at this forum too to get me kicked off? Aren't you the troll from my play topic?

How dare you accuse me of not giving patchwork an honest shot. I have used blu cat products since day one, one of his earliest customers and have everything they make bar 2 products. I use patchwork all the time, but it is constantly losing automation settings. If you bothered to READ what i actually WROTE, you would have gotten that.

Having to spend time reassigning controls for everything I have automated, every time i load a project, is not productive workflow. Until we get a fix from blue cat, i am using it as little as I can for now. And yes, when on a laptop, that extra real estate it takes up is unpleasant.

as far as how that equates to me apparently bitching about pro tools, it doesn't. This is no fault of pro tools, and once again i really don't think you understand the topic, as i am talking about profitable, large hardware devs, pointing out that small indi developers know how important AAX is, yet large hardware devs seem to let it pass them by. I think you need to go back to school for basic English tutoring.

As far as me complaining about pro tools, now you are literally just a liar. You have come into my topic to not only troll, but lie about me publicly.
I have praised Pro tools probably more than anyone else in the forum, often.

Because you don't seem to understand, talking about a bug and trying to bring it to light, or in this case, talking about OTHER developers, NOT avid, is NOT whinging about pro tools.
I constantly praise the product and say just how much i love it, and how i could never lose it's workflow now that i found it.

If you did a search, you would see the constant praise I give it. perhaps you equate a topic of mine about me finding a serious bug, whining?

Once again, i think you need to go back to school for some basic communication education.

In my first post in this very topic:
Believe me, after testing and many years of actually using all the crapternatives out there like creeper and digital unperformer, as well as illogic and Poobase, Pro tools is the Godsend of daws I was waiting for.

In that same first post, i call the devs who ignore pro tools the fools. Anyone who doesn't use pro tools doesn't know what they are missing. I have tried to guide people to it now that Sonar is dead at the cakewalk forums. I have stuck up for this DAW many times against those who troll it relentlessly.. the unnecessary haters at kvr and gearslutz.

For a third time.. go educate yourself.

Thanks.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:32 PM

Default Why aren't hardware devs taking AAX seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Daniel c’mon you have an Icon to hug to keep warm....

This is true but if it was a SSL it might actually heat up the room...

I love my DCMND but those LED’s don’t produce the heat a Transformer does
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
This is true but if it was a SSL it might actually heat up the room...

I love my DCMND but those LED’s don’t produce the heat a Transformer does
Or an old Power Mac G5

QAPLA!
Old 01-03-2018, 03:24 PM

Doesn't Avid have a clause in the AAX development agreement stating that AAX plugins must either be audio effects or software instruments? An AAX plugin used to control hardware may well come under stricter control... we all know how Avid is when it comes to hardware and Pro Tools.

It is hard to imagine that AAX is a very big market. I have 4 DAWs installed on my computer... Logic only uses AU, but Reaper and Ableton Live will let me use both AU and VST plugins. Even if Pro Tools represented a larger market share (which I doubt it does), the shear overlap of AU and VST hosts on Mac and Windows computers surely dwarfs anything Avid does?
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
Doesn't Avid have a clause in the AAX development agreement stating that AAX plugins must either be audio effects or software instruments? An AAX plugin used to control hardware may well come under stricter control... we all know how Avid is when it comes to hardware and Pro Tools.

It is hard to imagine that AAX is a very big market. I have 4 DAWs installed on my computer... Logic only uses AU, but Reaper and Ableton Live will let me use both AU and VST plugins. Even if Pro Tools represented a larger market share (which I doubt it does), the shear overlap of AU and VST hosts on Mac and Windows computers surely dwarfs anything Avid does?
It does and you forgot Digital Performer which can use both vst and au.

QAPLA!