Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2014, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Mac not showing HD native as input device

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
So I am not clear, the answer is then YES.... HD Native Should be sowing in the "Input" selection options In OSX System Preferences > Sound > Input ?
Yes! AS I said before, it stopped after HD Driver 11.1.0. It has always been there in previous versions.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
Yes! AS I said before, it stopped after HD Driver 11.1.0. It has always been there in previous versions.
OK sorry, I understand that is no longer there, but Boy are we mis communicating because it being there or not, was not my question. My question was . is it supposed to be there ( in the Input tab) in versions 11.1.1 and 11.1.2. Or to put it another way, is the fact that it is not showing on the Input tab still a correct driver instillation and will work and is not a driver bug or bad install.

Because unfortunately "it stopped" and "its the same issue" does nothing to answer weather or not it is actually a correct install or not.
I was confused buy your use of the term "same issue" which to me sounded like you think it is a bug or incorrect driver install because if it is correct it is then not really an "issue".

And your last answer ( to my quoted question) above actually says "it stopped" and indicates you think "Yes" it is supposed to be there but isn't. Which means "Yes" you think it is an incorrect driver installation.

No matter though I found that the actual reason I was not getting an input signal was in fact in my OMNI number 2 line in. Which I now have corrected and I am now getting an input signal even without "HD Native" showing in the input tab.

The thing that concerns me though is somehow in the situation I described about ( Quicktime screen recording) now QuickTime no longer functions and even reinstalling Maverics has not fixed it.

So the question still remains as weather that is it is supposed to be in the Input , and is an oversight on Avid's part. Or it simply isn't supposed to be there and is no longer required for correct functioning.

But I agree clarification from Avid would be nice.

Whew ? glad we got that straitened out

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 01-28-2014 at 06:40 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown7282 View Post
Actually that's rig one.... I have a separate test rig I test software on... I am well within specs..:). I am also expert and operator certified on v10hd and 11hd so I know the difference.... I have passed the info in this thread to Avid... And simply awaiting clarification.... Soon as we get the info I'll pads it along...:). Thanks.
Yes please do . So to restate I am using 11.1.1 and Maverics 10.9
In my original post I had two things happening #1. was I was not able to get an input signal in to PT at all and #2 when I opened up OSX Maverics "System Preferences" and selected "Sound" HD Native was a selection in the Output Tab... but not on the "Input" tab.

As stated in another post I have since done some diagnostics trashed preferences uninstalled and reinstalled HD Divers etc. etc.

I then switched my input from my mic pre into my OMNI from the #2 input and
was now getting a signal.

I then tried all 4 of my analog inputs and was now getting a signal in all including #2.

So my rig is now functional ( getting an input signal) even though HD Native is still not showing in the OSX Input tab

Also could you clarify by (recreate) are you saying that on your system with either 11.1.1 or 11.1.2 your Avid HD interface is showing in the OSX input tab?
Or that that it is not showing but the system is functional?

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 01-28-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:38 PM

Sorry for the delay......

My Avid interface is not showing in the my OSX input tab.... Sorry for the confusion initially... I am still waiting for clarification... My system is functional.... Should have read totally before I responded initially..... :)

Litehousemuzik
Audio Mixing Services
Old 01-29-2014, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown7282 View Post
Sorry for the delay......

My Avid interface is not showing in the my OSX input tab.... Sorry for the confusion initially... I am still waiting for clarification... My system is functional.... Should have read totally before I responded initially..... :)
Hey thanks for the reply

It will be interesting to hear what Avid has to say. But I suspect that now it may well just be a factor of the new drivers and is supposed to be that way ( in that the systems appear to be fully functional)

As I said because of my fiasco with Quick Time Screen Recording coupled with my #2 input not working ( temporarily) I thought that I might have corrupted my drivers. Still not sure exactly what happened with the #2 input because after switching the physical jack to other inputs then plugging it back in, it now works

I do suspect however that there may be a bug in PT 11.1.1 (or I have somehow corrupted ) PT's handling of Quick Time though because I still cannot do anything with QT and After talking with Apple it looks like I may have to do a clean install of Maverics to get it to work.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 02-05-2014, 11:57 AM

So nothing from Avid yet on this Hey

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 02-05-2014, 10:18 PM

I have basically the same issue and tried to resolve it by taking the advice here and going back to HD_Driver_11_0_1_Mac_79850 and indeed in the System Preferences Audio the Avid Card shows up on the Input and Output. I selected it for the input and selected the Line Out for the output (the way it was working before). However the NO AUDIO problem - no audio from PT or anything such as iTunes, Quicktime movies, Youtube, .....- still persists! If anyone has any ideas your help would be very much appreciated.

System setup:
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro5,1
Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.93 GHz
Memory: 64 GB
Pro Tools HD 10.3.8 & 11.1.2
HDX PCI
Old 02-06-2014, 10:02 PM

Well the audio is fixed!! Thank you Mark Corbin and Jay Spears. Rolling back the HD drive to 11.0.1 fixed it I just forgot to check the midi on the Xmon. Once I set it to the right port all is fixed! I think I checked it out thoroughly.

Now there is an issue with Spdif. I have an optical I/O cable going from my Kronos to the HD I/O. In PT 10 it works just fine, there is just one optical selection in the I?o set up. In PT 11 there are 4 pairs of optical (1-2,3-4, 5-6, 7-8) and no matter which pair I pick it will not work. This is not a huge issue since it does work in PT 10 but something I'd like to see fixed and I'm sure there are other users who are having similar problems. Maybe someone here has a solution?

Thanks!

Thayne
Old 08-02-2015, 06:27 PM

Have a similar problem with my HDN and my old 192 I/O too...
I'm on a MacPro 5,1 2010 Dual Quad Core 2.4GHz, 32G Ram, with a HD Native card.
I have 2 partitions, one with Mavericks and PT HD 10 and 11 and one with Yosemite with PT HD 11 and 12.
Problem is, my HD Native card works perfectly in all PT versions but it cannot be correctly seen by any other application (like Arc2 Measurements, Sonarworks, iZotope RX4 stand alone, Studio One, etc.), also in AMS it's seen as "unsupported device".
I have all the latest drivers installed and reinstalled on both OS/partitions, run Digitest succesfully, trashed prefs, etc., no changes.
Any ideas ?
Thanks