Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2004, 03:15 PM

Default Emergency.. Please help!

I have one MAJOR problem!!
I recently purchased an new 200 GB HD to function as an audio drive for my Mac G4 933Mhz. I have had it for 2 weeks now and it has been fine unil 2 days ago. I went to open a Pro Tools session (5.3.1 on OS 9.2), and it said files were missing. I searched the hard drive and it found nothing, but I could see the audio files in the audio files folder that they should be in. I tried to manually select the file, and it gave me the error "*file* is of an unknown type."

It has progressivly gotten worse over the past 2 days. When i first noticed the problem, only 2 songs were affected, but now I have over half the songs on the drive affected.

I ran Norton Antivirus on all the HD's on the computer, and it caame back with no virus, and the computer is not connected to the internet.

I also have ran DiskWarrior, and Disk Doctor. Disk Doctor reported a major problem in the header block, and that the files that PT can't open have damaged resource forks.

Details on the setup
Mac G4 933Mhz
1024 Ram
60 GB system Drive
200 GB internal Audio drive
60 GB external Backup Audio Drive

I have backed up all of the sessions and audio to my backup drive, but they are the damaged files. i just wanted to ensure that i wouldn't loose any more. I tried to open the session from both the system drive and the external, and they both gave me the same problem

I don't know what else to do. Is there a way of rebuilding/repairing the resource fork.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I posted a .sit file containing one of the affected files
http://www.transitstudios.net/Horn 1_06.sit