Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2009, 02:38 AM

Unhappy PT8, Will Error 6093 (Increase H/W Buffer on Playback) never be solved?

First, the system:
Mac Pro, 10.5.6, 2x 3ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon, 8GB 667 Mhz DDR2 FB-DIMM Ram
PT8
Factory 03
Two Mac internal 750 GB Hard drives. One is start up and applications ONLY. The second drive is for sessions ONLY
I-lok in a USB port
Mac keyboard and mouse attached in the back of a Mac cinema display
Nothing else connected, I have tried to solve this issue with only essential kit connected and with no other programmes running (everything disabled in start up).

I have completed every (and I mean EVERY) suggestion in the General troubleshooting guide, and read every thread here and others on message boards outside DUC). I thought I might have the problem solved when I set RTAS processors to 7 (i.e. a total of 8 minus 1) as suggested by Marco elsewhere in DUC, but the error came back about a minute into a FOUR track (and seven insert) session. I even tried using the demo sessions that came with the PT8 upgrade downloads. The funk RnB demo gives me a 6093 after just a few bars.

Having invested heavily in this Mac, moved from a MBox2 to Factory 03, upgraded to 7.4 (amnesty) and now PT8 (paid for) and STILL not being able to playback tracks is unbelievably frustrating.

I know many other users have had or are still having similar issues, and I would greatly appreciate detailed help from Digi (or other users) on real solutions before the wife leaves for some guy with HD...

Thanks all for your help in advance.

Craig
Old 01-12-2009, 06:18 AM

Default Re: PT8, Will Error 6093 (Increase H/W Buffer on Playback) never be solved?

Dear Digidesign Support
I know you must be really fed up of seeing this question, but I would really appreciate your reply. My next step is to format all hard drives and do clean installs from OSX onwards, which I would really like to avoid if possible.
Hoping that by HK time tomorrow (for me now it's 10pm Monday night so for you on the west coast of the US I guess it's around 7am Monday morning) you will have found my question amongst the dozens of others and posted a "seen it, looking at it" or even a more comprehensive reply. If it helps, I am really happy to be a guinea pig and have a pro-tools whiz in the house for as long as it takes to solve this issue, even with a complete format the drive solution. Unlike many of the users here I am a lucky guy in that this is pure hobby, so apart from the aforementioned risk of the wife running off to a guy (or gal, who the heck knows) with an up-and-running system; but even so I would like to be able to keep the day job AND the wife :P
Many thanks
Craig
Old 01-12-2009, 06:53 AM

Default Re: PT8, Will Error 6093 (Increase H/W Buffer on Playback) never be solved?

you have no external Firewire audiodrive with oxford chipset.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:16 AM

I am still having this issue with Protools 7.4 too. I've done clean installs, have no Firewire drives etc. Seems to happen most as I'm doing a fast series of fades or scrolling. Is there any relief in site?
Old 01-12-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken View Post
you have no external Firewire audiodrive with oxford chipset.
He doesn't need them as he's got an internal drive for audio.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Avid

Quote:
I have completed every (and I mean EVERY) suggestion in the General troubleshooting guide
In the future, if you want a guaranteed response, please use the Tech Support Request Form.

As for your problem - have you tested this with an external firewire drive? Which model is the drive you're recording to? Can you please post an installed plug-ins version list?

Now, I hate to question what you've done, but can you please spell out in detail the exact steps you've taken. All too often I've found that people who have said 'I've done everything' actually haven't. Most important - have you made sure firewire networking is disabled? How about removing/swapping RAM, as bad RAM has been traced to numerous issues.

I know you're frustrated, but I guarantee you - this is not Pro Tools causing the problem, but rather a system setting or some other hardware issue. I've seen this kind of thing often enough to know the difference.