Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Pull up session does not effect output?

I had set the audio rate in the session set up window to 1% pull up for NTSC to Film but my output file is out of sync?

I see on the Bounce to disc there is an option (Pull Up Pull Down) for 48k but not sure witch to use, I guess 47952?

If this is right won't the output file just be 47952hz? if I import this into a video app, won't it just play it back at 47952? Or will it get a 48k header written to it?

Thanks, Mark
Old 01-17-2005, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Pull up session does not effect output?

can you give more details? what rate is your session at? the QT is at 24fps? why the pull? up?

...normally, when you work at a straight 29.97 and have to go to film speed, you pull up. is this how you are working? otherwise, people have a 29.97 QT that was created with a 3:2 pulldown from 24. then you have a 30FPS sesion that is pulled down to 29.97 for NTSC watching and working, then pulled off for film speed file creation.

you want the "layback" into the vieo app to be at 48k.
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash
Old 01-17-2005, 10:37 PM

Quote:
can you give more details? what rate is your session at? the QT is at 24fps? why the pull? up?

...normally, when you work at a straight 29.97 and have to go to film speed, you pull up. is this how you are working? otherwise, people have a 29.97 QT that was created with a 3:2 pulldown from 24. then you have a 30FPS sesion that is pulled down to 29.97 for NTSC watching and working, then pulled off for film speed file creation.

you want the "layback" into the vieo app to be at 48k.

Session is set to 24fps, sound files are 23.98 or 29.97 (same thing) so in the "session setup" I have the "speed up 1%" selected to match my QT movie at 24-frame.

Right now the sound files are to long when I do a "bounce to disk" When played on a video application so I need to speed them up just like there are playing in PT now.

Thanks, Mark
Old 01-17-2005, 10:53 PM

why isn't your seesion at 23.976 or 29.97? then you pull up to film speed. are you clocked to anything? do you have a sync i/o or big ben or lucid that will actually pull the rate of the samples instead of just the session? the actual audio is not pulled up without any external clock. right now, you are just pulling the "measuring stick" -- PT's timeline.
Undertone on Facebook

-Starcrash
Old 01-17-2005, 11:02 PM

My session was at 23.98 until I made the final "24 fps movie" for film out and wanted to check it at 24fps because the video is now at 24fps.

I just need to bounce to 24 from these 23.98

Mark
Old 01-17-2005, 11:06 PM

Quote:
why isn't your seesion at 23.976 or 29.97? then you pull up to film speed.
That is what I am trying to do! Where do I do this? When I set this in the session set up nothing changes on my bounced files, they are exactly the same as the 23.98 bounces.

Thanks, Mark
Old 01-17-2005, 11:10 PM

Quote:
My session was at 23.98 until I made the final "24 fps movie" for film out and wanted to check it at 24fps because the video is now at 24fps.
and what you are saying is that the pulled bounced file imported into a 24fps PT session playing a 24fps movie is not in sync?

i commented above that the actual audio is not pulled without an external clock. do you have one? is it NOT PULLING when you look at the 24fps session and movie? if it still is, you'll be out of sync. if you don't have one, you haven't pulled the audio.
Undertone on Facebook

-Starcrash
Old 01-17-2005, 11:28 PM

Quote:
and what you are saying is that the pulled bounced file imported into a 24fps PT session playing a 24fps movie is not in sync?

i commented above that the actual audio is not pulled without an external clock. do you have one? is it NOT PULLING when you look at the 24fps session and movie? if it still is, you'll be out of sync. if you don't have one, you haven't pulled the audio.
Yes, when I play the video 24fps and bounced audio in a Video application they are not in sync, I have not tried to bring them back into PT. Like I say there is no difference between these attempted Pulled up files and the non pulled up files even though changing the settings in the "session setup" does bring them into sync during normal PT playback.

I do not have a external clock.

What about the pull up on the bounce to disk dialog window? This is where I would think it would need to happen.

Thanks, mark
Old 01-17-2005, 11:32 PM

Quote:
I do not have a external clock.

What about the pull up on the bounce to disk dialog window? This is where I would think it would need to happen.
yup. try it there. or, try a 1% SRC in an import into a 24fps PT session.
Undertone on Facebook

-Starcrash
Old 01-18-2005, 12:36 PM

Help!

This still is not working!

if I do a Pull up at Bounce to disk and then reimport it PT just converts it back to 48K and nothing has changed?

What do I need to do to get this dam file to speed up 1%?

Thanks, Mark