Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 12-05-2011, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 10 midi major issue

midi is working fine for me in 10. nanokey - axiompro61 are all good.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digidesigner View Post
actually they did release it without testing it thats for sure. There are so many things not working that its not possible they tested it. Try compacting.

I can send you a link of a session where regions, oh I'm sorry, clps just wont play...

For me the agony is endless, just tried a session where I had to elastic all the tracks and the issues with the session were huge. I edited midi just couple of days ago... Errors in metering, instability..

Every second time I try to open a sessoin it will crash with "error translating tracks" or somehing like that. I've done so many sessions now in pt10 that its a pain to go back to 9 but I just might do that as the restarts take half of the day.
Well, I'm sure they tested it... I mean, c'mon. And a fair amount of folks have reported pretty smoothing sailing - but I feel your pain, that truly sucks. I've had a similar, but milder, experience to yours, many years back, where I found bugs immediately in a new PT release, which really surprised me. Like you, I couldn't believe the software could have been tested thoroughly without uncovering the bug(s) prior to release.

That said, I've been using two boot drives with new PT releases for quite some time, especially when I'm really busy. If PT crashes more than once, or twice in a day... I'm going back to the other boot drive, I don't care how glorious the new features are.

But anyways, what you're describing sounds brutal... sorry to hear it.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:51 PM

Do you need a driver for your midi keyboard? If so you might need to re install it.

If you are talking about the little application Midi Keys, then I'm not sure what to say because I could not ever get it to work for me in PT9.

For me PT10 is working great. a couple crashes here and there.

I did have to do some due diligence on my plug ins to weed out some problematic ones. Still some work to go, hence the few crashes I have had. But many folks have stable systems, it takes some work though.

System
MacPro 12 Core • 24 G Ram • 10.12.6
PT 12.8.1 • Mbox 3 Pro • Plug-ins Verified
4 HD • OS ssd | Audio ssd | Sample Library ssd | Storage
MAXPower eSATA 6G Card • Wiebetech RTX100H-Q
Kensington Trackball Works/Orbit Optical
Bluetooth off/Airport on and off.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:24 AM

open the plugin in a other track, and drag it over to the instrumentrack, thats worked for me.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:16 AM

I found after a crash once that all of the instrument tracks had their midi outputs changed to "none" so I had to go back in and change them back to their respective plug ins and I was back in business. Took me 20 minutes to figure it out.

I was experiencing a similar problem. No Midi was being received at all from either of my keyboards into protools. (Korg Triton 76 and Axiom Pro 61)

I haven't had many bugs with PT10 yet. It's been working very well.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothbassman View Post
I found after a crash once that all of the instrument tracks had their midi outputs changed to "none" so I had to go back in and change them back to their respective plug ins and I was back in business. Took me 20 minutes to figure it out.
This happens a lot to me even without crash. Now that I know what it is it's a quick fix but took me forever the first time
RME Multiface II with Focusrite Octopre mkII
Old 12-08-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothbassman View Post

I was experiencing a similar problem. No Midi was being received at all from either of my keyboards into protools. (Korg Triton 76 and Axiom Pro 61)

I haven't had many bugs with PT10 yet. It's been working very well.
I must admit I shared Fandusss' pain when it just happened here - you just get mad and want it to work and blame anyone you can think of!
But thank you, Smoothbassman and Jorg, Midi Thru fixed it. God Bless the people who are good enough to come on to these places and help others. Cheers!
Old 01-26-2012, 01:14 PM

I have been having Problems with MIDI as well in PT10. I am able to Connect My oxygen 49 just fine and I am able to hear what is being played but something weird happens. When I let off of any key on the keyboard it plays a monotone beep that is the same pitch with every key. Anyone Might know why its doing this?
Old 01-26-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefin View Post
I have been having Problems with MIDI as well in PT10. I am able to Connect My oxygen 49 just fine and I am able to hear what is being played but something weird happens. When I let off of any key on the keyboard it plays a monotone beep that is the same pitch with every key. Anyone Might know why its doing this?
System details? Oxygen driver version? USB Hub?
Old 01-26-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
System details? Oxygen driver version? USB Hub?
Mac os 10.7.2, just used the drivers that came with the MIDI keyboard, and I am plugging it straight into my macbook I do not own an interface.