Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2010, 10:10 AM

Default Venue Signal Flow Question

I've been watching the Venue Webinars. Very nice. I have a question about the Options>Busses signal flow.

It seems as if there is no option that allows for the channel mute to work on the aux send without the EQ from the channel also feeding the aux send. Correct?

In addition to that, does Pre-EQ also mean Pre-DSP ie. dynamics, plugins, etc. I'm assuming Pre-Fader means all DSP from the channel will be sent out the aux send.

I'm used to feeding IEM and wedge mixes from FOH with the channel mute also muting the send to the aux buss. I also usually do not have eq or dynamics from the channel affecting the aux send. It seems that this is not an option.

Thanks
BrianS
PT 9.03 Mac OS 10.6 Mac Pro 8 core 2.8...HD3 accel. 48 channels Yamaha AD8HR feeding 3 Digidesign digital 192's. Apogee AD16HDX DA16HDX. Digidesign 96I/O. Neve, Chandler, API, Pendulum, Manley, Cranseong, Yamaha DM2000, more...
Old 04-29-2010, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Venue Signal Flow Question

There are currently 3 options for pre fader on each bus:
1. Pre-Eq, dsp and mute
2. Pre-Mute post eq and dsp
3. Pre-Fader (post eq, dsp and mute)
I do wish the options were pre eq/post eq and an option to follow the mute on each...

I feed our IEM's from the pre-eq option, they can usually deal with the channel not muting, and I send the post mute to our wedges right now (which I am not happy with). There are ways around some of the problems by using events or snapshots if you get creative.