Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 04:05 AM

Default Using one i-lock on several workstations?

I've just bought a MBox1 'factory bundle' very cheap to take advantage of the free upgrade to PT7, and to be able to move from machine to machine - which I can't do with my fabulous rock-solid 001.

My question is to do with the i-lock that comes with the 'factory' plug-ins. Never used one before, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. I want to know if anyone has tried installing these plugs on different machines, and then taken the i-lok to whatever machine you happen to be working on at the time. Has anyone done it? Does it work?

Cheers.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:26 AM

Default Re: Using one i-lock on several workstations?

Hi Karel,

It actually works great for that very purpose. It actually seems like there should be more to it, but really u just plug it in to a usb port and thats it.

Most Users I talk to that do work abroad carry a copy (on a portable harddrive they normally take with them from gig to gig, or simply a cd or dvd) of all the installers for the plugins that are on their iLok. This way if you get to another studio or workstation for that matter and they don't have a plugin you really do need, you are up and running in minutes. (No carrying serial codes around with you and other authorization codes). Its scary how simple and fast it is but it really does work. Plug in and start up.

Enjoy your new Mbox Bundle. I am actually playing with Sansamp right now (demo) and its seems like a good buy.

Cheers,
Scott
Old 11-09-2005, 04:32 AM

Thanks. I thought that would be the case - that seems to be the logic behind the device, but I wondered if it really worked in practice.

Just as well I got one thrown in with the factory bundle, considering I'd have otherwise had to buy one to get these new Digi freebie plugs that come with 7.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:46 AM

Thats the very reason I bought mine =)

Smack LE & Synchronic for 25 bucks... Can't argue with that

Happy Recordings,
Scott