How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2023, 02:55 AM

Default Melodyne ARA trouble with protools 2023 12

I'm in big trouble

In protools 2023 12, all data modified for vocals using melodyne ARA will be deleted when commit or session close. Even if I load the session file from a backup, everything is gone.
Is there a solution?

appreciate
Old 12-19-2023, 03:57 AM
Avid

Default Re: Melodyne ARA trouble with protools 2023 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasaking1122 View Post
I'm in big trouble

In protools 2023 12, all data modified for vocals using melodyne ARA will be deleted when commit or session close. Even if I load the session file from a backup, everything is gone.
Is there a solution?

appreciate
Can you give more background on this? when did it start happening? were you using previous version of Pro Tools? what OS are you on? We'll need you to help us help you by providing other info that could be causing the issue.

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 12-19-2023, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tope d View Post
Can you give more background on this? when did it start happening? were you using previous version of Pro Tools? what OS are you on? We'll need you to help us help you by providing other info that could be causing the issue.

Thank you for your reply

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.7 Intel MacPro2019 1HDX
This problem occurred after upgrading to Protools 2023 12.
There were no problems with recalling other previously created sessions.
I found that when I committed the modified track, the original melodyne data was invalidated. It was set to do nothing.
I tried using previous versions of protools and melodyne, but it didn't improve!
I contacted ceremony and was told that there might be a problem with Protools.
The track I worked on for several hours becomes invalid and does not return even after booting from a session backup. I'm really confused
Old 12-19-2023, 08:03 AM

The only way I've managed to recover from this is by going back to a previous backup of the session (e.g. an overnight TimeMachine or similar). It's like, once the data's gone, it's properly gone, for whatever reason. Obviously before you do that you'd need to re-install 2023.9.
Old 12-19-2023, 09:01 AM

Whoa…now this is scary.

Ive had issues of losing melodyne data since 2023.3 and it seems to have gotten progressively worse. For the most part, I’ve gotten into the habit of playlist a take before I commit so that if I need to fix it later, I haven’t lost the original nor the melodyne track and can comp between those if I change my mind. Then if I improve the tuning or timing yet again…I playlist again and commit again.

Having to redo a vocal that has taken hours or even days to fix totally sucks. I had to do a lot of major vocal surgeries this year and had several that I had to almost completely redo because of ara data loss. One I realized that tech support could not help other than suggest that I roll pt back, I lost faith and realized that I had to change my workflow to protect my edits. I could not trust that they would always be there.

I think I might skip this update and wait for the next one.

Thank you so much for sharing your issues.
Old 12-19-2023, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsongs View Post
Whoa…now this is scary.

Ive had issues of losing melodyne data since 2023.3 and it seems to have gotten progressively worse. For the most part, I’ve gotten into the habit of playlist a take before I commit so that if I need to fix it later, I haven’t lost the original nor the melodyne track and can comp between those if I change my mind. Then if I improve the tuning or timing yet again…I playlist again and commit again.

Having to redo a vocal that has taken hours or even days to fix totally sucks. I had to do a lot of major vocal surgeries this year and had several that I had to almost completely redo because of ara data loss. One I realized that tech support could not help other than suggest that I roll pt back, I lost faith and realized that I had to change my workflow to protect my edits. I could not trust that they would always be there.

I think I might skip this update and wait for the next one.

Thank you so much for sharing your issues.

ejsongs, thank you for your reply

When I verified it, committing the bus within a session resets all of Melodyne's work. The backed up playlist was normal!

This is a serious issue. i can't believe. . .
Old 12-19-2023, 12:53 PM

I have been playlisting ARA edits too before committing because of the same exact reasons. ARA data gets hosed upon reopening the session. Doesn't happen to me all the time but has happened enough that I always do the playlist save.

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 12-20-2023, 12:04 PM

so just to be sure I`m getting this right, ALL ARA data gets lost when opening a session in 2023.12?
I hope that`s a joke because it that`s the case I`m in trouble..
Apple M1 Max
Memory 64GB
Old 12-21-2023, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernstudios View Post
so just to be sure I`m getting this right, ALL ARA data gets lost when opening a session in 2023.12?
I hope that`s a joke because it that`s the case I`m in trouble..

No joke it can happen. Data is sometimes not saved with session...been happening since 2023.6. maybe earlier.
Old 12-22-2023, 12:41 AM

This seems to happen consistently for me when working on a region that is auto-created.

When saving the session with "Show Auto-Created" turned off, any ARA Melodyne work is lost.
Turn it on again and new ARA data is saved as expected.

M2 Ventura 13.6.3 / 2023.12 Ultimate