Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2023, 02:07 PM

Default Re: 2023.9 is here!

Hey guys, I pulled down 2023.9 today. Have to do some stemming, so I thought it a good time to test. Generally running OK. Some weirdness with my EuCon desk being a bit sluggish, but it hasn't broken it. I did notice a bug with I/O setup. In my mix template I have the default output set to a bus as opposed to a physical output. All of my sessions going back a good few years have this routing. With 2023.9, when loading a session this defaults back to 'Output 1-2'. You have to manually 'restore from session' to get it back the way it was. Not had to do that before, and likely to cause issues if I forget to do it.... Anyone else notice that?
Old 09-25-2023, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
That is your problem number one.
They said they're running a studio. When you're dealing with clients and a cast of mixers and outside projects yes you do need a $#%! ton of plugins for compatibility sake.

A plugin manager wherein you can dynamically disable and enable plugins is desparately needed.
Old 09-25-2023, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerogme View Post
Hey guys, I pulled down 2023.9 today. Have to do some stemming, so I thought it a good time to test. Generally running OK. Some weirdness with my EuCon desk being a bit sluggish, but it hasn't broken it. I did notice a bug with I/O setup. In my mix template I have the default output set to a bus as opposed to a physical output. All of my sessions going back a good few years have this routing. With 2023.9, when loading a session this defaults back to 'Output 1-2'. You have to manually 'restore from session' to get it back the way it was. Not had to do that before, and likely to cause issues if I forget to do it.... Anyone else notice that?
Yes. I noticed this. I was going to reset it in my Template session and see if that fixed it, but I've been working non-stop.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 09-25-2023, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post
Yes. I noticed this. I was going to reset it in my Template session and see if that fixed it, but I've been working non-stop.
It does fix it if you manually re-select in your template. It seems to stick then. If you click ‘restore from session’ and save, it doesn’t stick. Same with any older sessions. So it’s a bug reading that setting from existing sessions. Issue is I have to remember to go in to I/O every time I open them and manually select the correct default outputs. Not a show-stopper, but an inconvenience with potential to cause issues if I forget.
Old 09-26-2023, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
They said they're running a studio. When you're dealing with clients and a cast of mixers and outside projects yes you do need a $#%! ton of plugins for compatibility sake.

A plugin manager wherein you can dynamically disable and enable plugins is desparately needed.
I started moving plugins in a plugin folder to subfolders according to vendor like 20 years ago. And some of those folders stay in unused folder until I discover I need them. All the plugin management I need, but as always opinions do vary.
Old 09-26-2023, 12:45 AM

Quote:
I started moving plugins in a plugin folder to subfolders according to vendor like 20 years ago. And some of those folders stay in unused folder until I discover I need them. All the plugin management I need, but as always opinions do vary.
I just wish there was a way to toggle the loading of all plugins on or off at the start of a session.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 09-26-2023, 01:25 AM

Hold down shift and open the session, all plugins are disabled.
Old 09-26-2023, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Yes a lot of us do that but it's not good enough.

How nice would it be to load a session, have a missing plugin, and PT says "Hi, I found this plugin installed and disabled, would you like to enable it now?"

Instead of getting an error, waiting for the (sometimes massive) session to load, make a list of all the plugins that are missing, shutting down PT, going into the OS to move the files, wait on PT to restart...... multiple times a day

It's all very stupid in the year 2023.
Old 09-26-2023, 06:35 AM

Plugin rage is just like road rage, you can control it. No need to take a speeding ticket
Old 09-26-2023, 06:45 AM

Does anyone have any idea when the version that will include the internal Atmos Renderer will be released?
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com