Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 10-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Avid

Default Re: wont load

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrstudios View Post
I am having the same exact issue. Protools 10 will turn light gray and then crash on loading plugins.

I am running a Digi002 rack
You probably have incompatible or outdated plug-ins installed. You should compare the installed version to the minimum version listed in the right column in our Plug-In Compatibillity Grid (link in the header of this forum) and update or remove any that aren't the mimimum listed, then trash preferences, restart and test again.

Alternately hold down the shift key while launching Pro Tools so that no plug-ins are loaded, which should allow Pro Tools to launch and to verify that it, indeed, is a plug-in issue.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Do you possibly have Disk Cache enabled (set to anything other than 'Normal)?

If so - setting it to Normal should resolve the issue.
It doesn't get to the point of being able to change/set preferences. After it completes loading PT it stops at the -9514 error. It's not to the point of loading a session, just booting PT. Tried removing all plug-ins in the plug-in folder except what installs with PT10. Any other suggestions?
Old 10-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Directx View Post
It doesn't get to the point of being able to change/set preferences. After it completes loading PT it stops at the -9514 error. It's not to the point of loading a session, just booting PT. Tried removing all plug-ins in the plug-in folder except what installs with PT10. Any other suggestions?
Can you try launching while holding down the 'n' key so you get the Playback Engine dialog?
Old 10-24-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Can you try launching while holding down the 'n' key so you get the Playback Engine dialog?
I can select the ASIO device and see the disk cache is set to "Normal". Same error results.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Directx View Post
Has anyone got this -9514 issue figured out yet? I still haven't got PT HD10 running on a laptop that's been running HD9 for over a year.
In your case, did you possibly install the Standalone HD driver after installing Pro Tools 10? If so a clean uninstall and reinstall of Pro Tools should fix it.

You don't need to install any drivers with HD, as they are installed with Pro Tools. Installing the Standalone driver is only needed if you're running the system WITHOUT Pro Tools installed.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
In your case, did you possibly install the Standalone HD driver after installing Pro Tools 10?
The only driver that was installed was the Avid HD 64bit driver that installs with the PT install. No additional drivers were installed. Just for grins I once again removed PT and re-installed (3rd time). The error persists.

Thanks for your continued help to resolve this issue.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimibrix View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I'm seeing so many people having so much trouble with PT10... I'm on PT9HD and I think I'll stay put. Sucks when they release new versions for a quick buck, and then have to release quick fix update versions to make it work, instead of just working out all the bugs before it's released! I got LE8, in Sept. 2010, then 8.0.3. then 8.0.5 and jumped to 9 in March... Moved up 9.03, 9.0.5 MPTK2 blah... Now they release 10! Wow... Yea, I'll sit on 9 for a bit! Every damned 8 months I have to shell out another $300 to keep up to date? Bullcrap! Oh don't forget $2000 for CMPTK2! Ridiculous. Still love my Pro Tools, but come on now!! I guess PT11 is coming in March 2012? Perhaps CMPTK3 for $2500?

I understand what you're saying but please don't take my post to mean that I am unhappy with Pro Tools 10. Granted I'm having a specific issue with getting it working on my laptop, but I have it installed on another workstation and it works perfectly. PT 10 for me is the fastest, most stable release yet, and I’ve been using Pro Tools since version 6. I would not hesitate recommending upgrading from v9 to v10. The new System 5 channel strip is fantastic and for HD or CPTK users the disk cache feature alone is worth the price of admission. YMMV
Old 10-28-2011, 04:17 PM

Has anyone experiencing this issue figured out a solution?
Old 10-30-2011, 02:35 PM

it still wont load for me. i have the same issue. i uninstalled the mbox 3 pro drivers and pt10. removed all the directories and plugins. reinstalled mbox 3 pro drivers and then loaded pt10. if anyone got a fix i need it.
Win 7 64bit Pro
ProTools 9.05
Mbox 3 Pro
Old 10-30-2011, 05:26 PM

I still have no resolution to the problem. Opened a support case with Avid tech support last Tuesday (10/25/2011). Spent an hour on the phone with a rep trying unsuccessfully to resolve this issue. He said he'd get back with me. I've called and emailed since then and have received no response. That’s pretty disappointing customer service.