Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2002, 10:02 PM

Default Digi Administrators Please Read

Hi,

I believe i speak for everyone when I say we want this board commercial free. There is a buy and sell section. Even in that section you do not allow commercial posts. Why would you allow it here? It has been bothering us for a while. I am very annoyed by the DAW builder's coming in and advertising under different names and answering with their own names while posting their website adresses. The whole board starts look like a commercial board and makes me want to go away from here. Please let us know what is your thoughts about this matter.

Thanks
http://volcanojazz.com
http://myspace.com/volcanojazz
Old 01-18-2002, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Digi Administrators Please Read

Eh...... I'd really rather not get that heavy handed myself. Just ignore 'em, whats the big deal?

Now, if they start programming pop-ups in their posts, THAT means war. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2002, 10:39 PM

I agree, they recommend their own product to themselves under multiple user names while creating false satisfied customer claims.
It's a total scam and should not be allowed.
Old 01-18-2002, 11:05 PM
Administrator

We watched this very closely the whole time it was going on, the way we always pay attention to the board. I don't see any solid evidence that anyone is maliciously faking their identity to trick helpless villagers into buying computers from them. Maybe a few audio companies. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Prove it to me and I'll be more inclined to get involved.

So far, here's the story the way I saw it over the last couple of months...

People noticed that something not quite right was coming from this lab on the outskirts of town.

After awhile, it was hard to ignore, since this guy showed up that was 10 feet tall and green and went around roaring, which drew much attention to him.

A mob with flaming torches demanded that we kill Frankenstein, before he killed us all.

We felt that was a bit extreme, and that the situation would remedy itself, which it pretty much did.

Frank got quiet, toned down his roar quite a bit, and he became less of a problem.

Except for one thing...there was this mob left over with all these torches that were really itching to burn something down or kill someone. Never mind that Frank was pretty much behaving himself, they wanted to kill him because of what he had done in the past, and what he might do in the future.

Tempest in a teapot as far as we could tell. Nobody died. Most people that didn't want to look at Frank managed somehow to look away when he walked by.

And most of the villagers are actually perfectly capable of defending themselves from Frank, they don't really need us to carpet bomb the castle. If you don't like the way someone acts on here, bust them on it, with facts, not just suspicions.

We don't have a problem with someone putting their company website in their signature, any more than we don't care if people link to their latest MP3. There are companies that contribute a great deal to the DUC, and hopefully they will continue to do so. If there are other companies that someone has actual personal experience with, and it was not good, then people should be able to express that. What I've seen quite a bit is people complaining about a company when they have not had personal experience with that company. And lots of accusations and inuendo without undeniable evidence. Not that big a deal, happens on almost every bulletin board.

Now, if Frank started killing people, we would have to step in.
Old 01-18-2002, 11:20 PM

You're very creative. Care to tell us another story?
Old 01-18-2002, 11:27 PM

I have to chime in on that. I've seen some pretty childish flames after only being here a few weeks. In order to get a good PC for music, or anything really, you have two options.

Build it yourself.

Or, go to a DAW dealer.

Not everyone can build a PC. I'm still not sure I can. I can upgrade mine now, but when this thing was first built by my relative the PC tech and his friend, it was shorted out on the motherboard and it took them a couple of hours to find that out. I woulda been stuck. So if you guys see a green meany looking kinda guy, just ignore him, kay? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2002, 05:08 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Digidesign:
they wanted to kill him because of what he had done in the past, and what he might do in the future. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that sounds like proof that it has happened. no more unfounded suspicions...