Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2012, 05:10 AM

Default Re: "ASIO properties changed" Focusrite Saffire Pro 40

resolved!!! Install focusrite drivers and asio4all and select asio4all for work with protools, the problem is that asio4all caught the control of saffire in other words "asio4all is the same of your focusrite", but if you select saffire for work the error jumps.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:48 AM

Works great here (see sig below for system specs). Running Saffire Mix Control 3.0 (released June 20 2012) on both rigs.
Click for audio/video demo
Click for resume
Old 09-25-2012, 10:21 AM

Has anyone tried this step,

In the icon tray right click on the speaker then select volume control option. Then select the first box saying all devices currently playing sound, and make sure to have the saffire selected, apply.

After that go to play back devices (right click the speaker icon in the icon tray again.) right click on speaker named saffire audio and select properties, then select the advanced tab in there set the default format to what ever bits and frequencies you are using.

No matter if your windows sound options is set to not play anything, this step will stop the problem. It has for me.
Windows 7 ultimate 64 sp1. intel i5 2500k 3.30 ghz. asus p8p67 evo rev 3. 16g kingston ddr3 1600. Asus engtx 560dc2 oc. Seagate Barracuda 7200 9 SATA 80-GB Hard Drive. 2x WD caviar black 7200 500 GB. 1x WD caviar black 7200 1 TB. Seagate Freeagent 7200 1 TB usb 2.0. SIIG NN-440012-S8.

PT 10. SIB 7. ProjectMix I/O. Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56. Focusrite Saffire pro 40. Genelec 8040. Axiom pro 61. Alesis Dm8 pro. Spector ns2000/5. Old vintage Vantage electric guitar. Bunch of VI's and plugins
Old 09-25-2012, 12:30 PM

Smile Re: "ASIO properties changed" Focusrite Saffire Pro 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightworker View Post
Has anyone tried this step,

In the icon tray right click on the speaker then select volume control option. Then select the first box saying all devices currently playing sound, and make sure to have the saffire selected, apply.

After that go to play back devices (right click the speaker icon in the icon tray again.) right click on speaker named saffire audio and select properties, then select the advanced tab in there set the default format to what ever bits and frequencies you are using.

No matter if your windows sound options is set to not play anything, this step will stop the problem. It has for me.
Hi Night worker and all,

I only received and installed PT10 yesterday so I'm totally new to the software and appear to have suffered all the common issues already.

This evening I sat down to try and get it working, (where I had the issue with the ASIO driver relating to this thread) and noticed that if I had Reason 6.5 open at the same time I had no issues in getting sound out of the Saffire 24Pro DSP. Then I came across your solution, tried it and of course my bit rate was not set the same as that set in PT10. I've set the same and (for now at least) it is working!

So thanks for the tip!

Now I just need to sort out the other error messages and slow startup!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:51 AM

sorry but the [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing problem continue, when i changed the sample rate to max, shows the blue windows as the memory errors, and when i reboot my system appear the error of new combined by the problems of the clock, and its all ok, i try in the computer of my brother and run without problems, i don´t know how is the problem. I believed that the problem is for the drivers of motherboard because there aren´t official drivers for windows 7 to my motherboard, but when i see the gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R of graveleye... yes there are official drivers of his motherboard for windows 7. I try with many versions of windows 7, switching off the internal audio in BIOS and nothing...I think that i go to change for other card because there are 3 monts trying solved the problem and i´m more burned that stick of seller of churros....
Old 10-25-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breaksone View Post
text
You tried the beta version of Saffire Mix Control? By the way, your posts are INCREDIBLY difficult to understand at the best of times.

I've been told that un-installing ALL audio drivers apart from your saffire ones can make it more reliable too. Not convinced that I should have to do that though. It's a Pro Tools specific issue. Doesn't happen in ANY other software. Drives me mad.

PC: Windows 7 64-Bit, ASRock Extreme 4 x79 Mobo, Intel Core i7-3820K @3.6Ghz, Kingston HyperX 16GB Ram, OCZ Vertex 3 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Green 2TB HDD, GeForce 560Ti GPU, SIIG TI Firewire Card, PT Keyboard.
O/B: Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Focusrite Liquid Mix 32, Alesis D4 Drum Module, Alesis MIDIVerb4, M-Audio Axiom 49 v2, M-Audio BX8a's, Audix DP7
Old 11-19-2012, 07:32 PM

I was having the common problem with my Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 and Pro Tools 10. The "Asio Device properties have changed...", causing me to shut down pro tools. I tried everything from reinstalling software, and updating all drivers and still nothing worked. I even tried disabling the audio drives from the control panel annnnd nothing. Well after many, many hours/days/months, I think I might have the answer that everyone is looking for. If you observe your CPU you'll most likely notice that your tower has 1/8in audio jacks on the front of the CPU and the back of the CPU. The 1/8in audio jacks on the back are most likely built straight into the motherboard, and the 1/8in audio jacks on the front are wired to the motherboard. If you unplug the front panel audio jacks from your motherboard, your Pro Tools 10 SHOULD work fine. This will leave your front panel audio jacks disabled, but the back panel audio jacks should work fine still. I did this and it has worked perfectly and still has yet to pop up that awful, awful asio properties window. I really hope this helps you guys out there that feel as beaten down as I did.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I was having the common problem with my Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 and Pro Tools 10. The "Asio Device properties have changed...", causing me to shut down pro tools. I tried everything from reinstalling software, and updating all drivers and still nothing worked. I even tried disabling the audio drives from the control panel annnnd nothing
Yeah I know that's when I tried a Mac and haven't had a problem since
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.