Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-06-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Drivers/Plug ins not being recognized

I just bought a new comp - Pent4 3.0ghz/512 RAM/Windows XP Home, and after I did my install (PT LE 5.3.1 - digi 001) I did get PT to open, but I can't seem to find the audio drivers anywhere on my system. In Sonar I can select the digidesign midi in/out drivers and have played a midi file (through the wave drivers that are preselected), but there is no digidesign driver there to select. In the control panel (Sounds, and audio devices) all I have are the wave drivers listed. 1. How do I get my system to find the digidesign drivers so I can select them and use that sound card?
2. Where do I put my plug ins when I reinstall them (ie waves etc.) so they can be seen/used by all the other audio programs I use including PT?
Thanks
Jason
Audio Art Cafe
Old 09-06-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Drivers/Plug ins not being recognized

Hmm... someone please correct me if I am wrong, but in this scenerio I might suggest that you would be looking at a 6.4 upgrade disc to stabelize everything on that platform. the old 5.X systems always run better on the older platforms. You might try also manually un-installing everything and going to Musicxp.net and doing the tweaks and then re-installing before investing into the upgrade, although I am pretty sure you are looking at the upgrade to get up and running on that type of platform. be sure to disable stuff like hyperthreading, system restore...etc.. like the musicxp site says also. These type of things might have something to do with a corrupted install..

regarding plugs, normally it depends on the type of plugs that you are using. If they are VST's I am assuming that you own the VST-RTAS adaptor.. if they are DX or other formats outside of VST, RTAS, or Audiosuite, you will not be able to use them with PT. Most plugs should be recognized by the apps. that you are using though. For example.. I have used PTLE and CubaseSX on the same platform with no troubles. I simply installed the plugs from my disc and both apps. auto-recognized them with their respective formats.. goodluck
Old 09-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Avid

Default Re: Drivers/Plug ins not being recognized

You probably need to install the Wavedriver, available on this page:

Digidesign Wavedrivers

Make sure to choose the one for Pro Tools 5.3.1 and read the installation instructions carefully, as they require a specific installation procedure.