Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2017, 09:31 PM

Default Re: MIDI Production PT 12 Impossible

well, since your talking about a "small ten track session", everybody should have an idea... it sounds like you don't want to be helped...
Old 04-24-2017, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinstar View Post
well, since your talking about a "small ten track session", everybody should have an idea... it sounds like you don't want to be helped...
Agreed. Couple that with the fact that Mr. Loop (Clavin) has a system with known problems like low ram and a questionable OSX version - one needs to get one's house in order before casting aspersions on the tool in use.

QAPLA!
Old 04-24-2017, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeLoop View Post
I suspect that some people reporting working systems have no idea what intense MIDI composition with audio overdubbing is really like.
I don't have the problems you posted and I do intense MIDI composition with audio overdubbing everyday.

The ONLY one I occasionally get is the disappearing first note if I copy/duplicate/paste a clip. Not that big of a deal for me, really, but indeed annoying, so yes it would be nice if they fixed this once and for all.

...I see in your sig that you have an 003 rack, how much CPU is your kernel_task taking?
Old 04-24-2017, 01:34 PM

An other example,

I will be working along when suddenly Pro Tools will not play. The play light will blink on and it just goes to stop. The only solution here is a complete hardware reboot of everything.

A well written program would at least give an error message of some kind.

"The ONLY one I occasionally get is the disappearing first note if I copy/duplicate/paste a clip."

Yes, this is not a big deal, but it is an indication of larger problems. If they can't fix simple MIDI problems, that used to work fine, then how can they solve larger issues like complete system crashes.

John Clavin
Old 04-26-2017, 10:15 PM

I am having most of the problems OP is experiencing, too. Very annoying. And I am on a Windows machine with completely different specs, so these are simply Pro Tools bugs - which are present for far too long for a so-called "professional" software.

I've just renewed my Pro Tools upgrade plan for my perpetual license, but just because I am hoping to get a halfway stable version to stay on. I am not interested in any more features, because I will not stay on this platform.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:35 PM

Some days I can work all day with no crashes, but other days I get the AAE-9173 error, or the AAE-6101 error, or the no-play crash with no error message, all day long.

Maybe PT 12.8 will fix some of this.

John Clavin