Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2017, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11.3.1 / M-Audio Fast Track Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
Well, I stand by what I said.
That "doubling" that you do is pointless, might easily cause session problems, and frankly shows some lacking in your understanding of stereo audio processing and some of its basic principals.

Not my intention to sound harsh or anything. I just think I'm right, and that it's not software or hardware that's causing you trouble, it's your methods.

I wish you good luck.
Agreed. And you are right. The op's method is to blame here plus probably something else we're not being told about. There's little dribs and drabs of info that's coming out about how he's working.

QAPLA!
Old 02-07-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateboardharvey View Post
I think it might just be time for my Fast Track Pro to go. I don't think it was made to be used for Pro Tools 11. I've been recording double for a long time and it has sounded the best for my music. I have one set lower with more reverb, then a louder one with less reverb and that has led to having better quality songs. I'm an artist, but I record/mix my own music too. I'm not an expert with software, but I've learned to sound how I want.
You really have to learn how to use PT or any other recording s/w the right way. Doubling is not the answer; rather use one track with a send to an aux track with reverb on it and use the send level on the original to add reverb to taste. You only think your method is giving you better quality songs but it ain't. It's just causing you trouble.

Doubling like you're doing it isn't true doubling. For that you need to sing the part twice.

QAPLA!
Old 02-07-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Can this thread be deleted? I don't want others getting confused. Thanks for all of your help.
WHAT?
Are you crapping out?
This was just getting interesting.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:52 PM

SOLVED: I went back to Pro Tools 10.3.10 with the 6.0.7 driver for the M-Audio Fast Track Pro and it worked! It sounds exactly how it used to. Avid says the latest driver is compatible with Pro Tools 11, but it wasn't. It turns out the driver was in fact the issue. The latest driver was causing Pro Tools 10 to freeze and was giving me the static issue in Pro Tools 11. Could it have been that Pro Tools 11 uses aax plugins instead? I'm not sure if the plugin change caused audible differences. If I had my presets for the Pro Tools 10 plugins, maybe the same presets work differently in the aax versions of the same plugins? It seemed as if the Dynamic 3 compressor plugin in Pro Tools 11 was giving out much louder gain than the same plugin in Pro Tools 10.

I see the default latency is 512, but I was always used to seeing 256. Should I change it to 256 or leave it at 512?

Last edited by skateboardharvey; 02-07-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:55 AM

Quote:
SOLVED: I went back to Pro Tools 10.3.10 with the 6.0.7 driver for the M-Audio Fast Track Pro and it worked! It sounds exactly how it used to. Avid says the latest driver is compatible with Pro Tools 11, but it wasn't. It turns out the driver was in fact the issue. The latest driver was causing Pro Tools 10 to freeze and was giving me the static issue in Pro Tools 11. Could it have been that Pro Tools 11 uses aax plugins instead? I'm not sure if the plugin change caused audible differences. If I had my presets for the Pro Tools 10 plugins, maybe the same presets work differently in the aax versions of the same plugins? It seemed as if the Dynamic 3 compressor plugin in Pro Tools 11 was giving out much louder gain than the same plugin in Pro Tools 10.

I see the default latency is 512, but I was always used to seeing 256. Should I change it to 256 or leave it at 512?
This is just nonsense.
Skateboardkid has now deleted all his posts in both threads he started on this topic, and left this "Solved"-post.
I'm unsubscribing and won't waste anymore time on this.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
This is just nonsense.
Skateboardkid has now deleted all his posts in both threads he started on this topic, and left this "Solved"-post.
I'm unsubscribing and won't waste anymore time on this.
Yeah - it's become way past it's sell-by date

QAPLA!