Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2015, 02:06 AM

Default AAE error

Hey guys, I'm beginning to be desperate. My PT stops when I try record something, a guitar, a base or whatever. I get an error code:
AAE error 6 or AAE 38 error.

Anybody out there having the same problem?
Old 11-13-2015, 08:03 AM

Default Re: AAE error

You're not the only one. I been seeing it a fair bit lately. One session in particular is giving me no end of grief. Tried all the usual stuff with no luck so far. Resigned to a having to try a full reinstall next. I noticed that there's a few complaining about that error 6 who are on windows, so not sure if it's a windows thing or not.

A Thousand Miles of Moonlight Later...
Old 11-13-2015, 09:38 AM

SOME, any, system information would help us to find the culprit here...
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050
Old 11-14-2015, 09:48 AM

I just posted this over on Gear slutz:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Hi All,

I've scoured the web trying to nail this down, but there is really nothing useful out there.

I seem to go through periods where I'll have AAE Error 6 pop up and stop playback. The "More Info" button does nothing.

I'm running protools under win 7 Pro 64 bit. I have a quad core proc, and 16 gig of ram. I'm using a scarlette and octopre.

PT never breaks about 15-17% CPU, and with it minimized, it's more like 5-7%. Ram seems to hang around 30% or less used.

I have quite a bit of plugins, and I've attempted to weed them out somewhat. I pulled anything that I don't use regualrly out of the AAX folder.

I've also tried removing the preferences file, and essentially starting from scratch.

This problem was there before 12.3, and persists after the upgrade.

I just had a project open, and it repeatedly got this error at the exact same spot in the song (34:1:000). It made no difference if I started playback from the very beginning, or right before that point, the error would pop. If I started just after, it'd continue normally.

I pulled up all of the tracks, zoomed in to that point, and there were no clip transitions etc.

I did a "revert to saved", and as of now if plays back normally with no error, but I've had it continue to happen after a "revert to saved". Sometimes it won't happen for days.

There appears to be no explanation of what AAE Error 6 is anywhere, and I can find nothing happening in my system that would appear to cause this.

I've watched all the system tools while the error occured, logs, cpu load, memory, etc. Not a single clue.

There is a thread over in " Newbie audio engineering & production question zone", but this seemed like the place to ask.

Anyone have any idea?

----------------------------------------------------------

Since then, it ran fine for a few hours, until I added a plugin (I'm almost certain the last bunch of errors happened after a plug was added).

There is now a whole section, that if I even drop the cursor in, it pulls the error.

I just tried selecting the whole area around which seems to generate the problem, and now protools is locked up with the spinning circle deal. I't been probably 5 minutes. I guess I'll reboot it.