Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 04-05-2012, 03:36 PM

Default Buying a Used Eleven Rack,Initiate Pro Tools Transfer?

I bought a used eleven rack today. do i need to have the previous owner do anything like unregistering and how do i initiate a pro tools transfer?
Old 04-05-2012, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Buying a Used Eleven Rack,Initiate Pro Tools Transfer?

You don't have to do anything. But it would be nice if the seller would do a Transfer Of Ownership for you.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/en363631

As far as Pro Tools, its up to the seller to give you access to Pro Tools if in fact that was included in the sale.

He could download PT from his Avid account and burn you a disc, or he could give you access to his Avid account or just give the whole account to you.

Its up to the seller to provide you with the needed access codes and/or license as well. Such as Pro Tools 9 and 10 use an iLok for authorization.

What version of Pro Tools was said to be included?
Old 04-05-2012, 04:17 PM

here's all i know. this was from his ad. i got it for $460 so i jumped on it without knowing too much about it. he bought new 1 year ago.

"No expansion pack, still have original box, manuals and discs, i installed pro tools - buyer needs to initiate pro tools transfer, i'd help but not familiar with the process."

hey benoni nice youtube channel. i just subscribed.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:58 PM

I don't know what " buyer needs to initiate pro tools transfer" means?

I've never heard that verbiage before. It clearly states in the link I included for you that it is the sellers responsibility to include access to PT and the license.

Quote:
The seller is responsible for providing all Pro Tools software and Pro Tools authorizations for that software that should be included with a used core system. If the current software and authorizations were not included, the buyer must purchase a Pro Tools software upgrade from the Store or an Authorized Avid Reseller. All purchased Pro Tools upgrades are complete installers that do not require previous installation of Pro Tools or registration, either to purchase or install the Pro Tools upgrades.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/en363631
Maybe he was talking about you filling out and sending in the Transfer of Ownership paper? But he needs to fill that out and send it to you because the seller needs to sign it.
http://www.avid.com/Static/resources...Form_43702.pdf

Then YOU will start a Registration Case.

http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation

and include a scanned image of the Transfer of Ownership paper

From what you have said so far, it sounds as if Pro Tools LE8 is what will be included - in that case there is no need for an iLok (in regard to PT anyway) . He will need to provide you with the PT LE8.0.1 disc and auth code, then you can freely download PT LE 8.0.5 from Avid and you will be up to date.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nload/en393651

If he is including PT9/10, then you will need an iLok and he will have to transfer the iLok license to your iLok account
Old 04-05-2012, 09:11 PM

And after you do all that, you should definitely consider buying the Expansion Pack.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
And after you do all that, you should definitely consider buying the Expansion Pack.
I'll give a HUGE +1 to that my friend

The ERXP is a Must Have for sure.