Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2024, 11:15 AM
Avid

Default Re: Always having to force quit Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by tope d View Post
Hi all!

I've ran through cases with similar symptom where you have to quit Pro Tools, most are compatibility issues, systems that needs optimization https://avidtech.my.salesforce-sites...ge/Optimize-12, or third party plugins. To test, rename the plugin folder and then launch the session. Close it and then try to quit PT...

Best to create a support case and forward the logs to the tech team for further investigation if still encountering this issue.

https://avidtech.my.salesforce-sites...sh-information
Need help with case creation if you are experiencing this issue..... just ping me directly or email me.

We need to hear from you if what Tope advises doesnt help.

Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Old 04-18-2024, 12:28 PM

All my problems FIXED!

Besides having the Pro Tools QUIT HANG problem;

March 7, 2024: I started getting Pro Tools ran out of CPU power. Try de-activating or removing Native plug-ins (AAE -9173) issues constantly out of nowhere. No updates, no upgrades - just annoying as heck - session WOULD NOT PLAY! No matter what I did regarding removing all/updating all plugins would fix it. While I could get away with the online client Thursday constantly crashing, the band coming in Tuesday to track wouldn't work at all - so I decided a whole new OS and software install was necessary.

Once I was up and running on the FRESH Pro Tools install, everything seemed to be working fine. The remote client's sessions were loading and playing through (which is what I used to *test*). His sessions are HUGE since he's been tweaking these things for years (literally) - these session have been through various Pro Tools versions and plugin changes (like old iZotope stuff which new versions change names - so you have to keep old versions or duplicate plugin settings manually) - The Tuesday band tracked fine.

March 21, 2024: was the hardest I pushed Pro Tools since the fresh install as it was (again, a Thursday) the remote client and those online mixing sessions are loading his HUGE PT sessions, tweaking a couple automated levels and then I bounce while he waits (since loading and unloading takes so long, it easiest to get the tweaks and bounce done all at once). During this Zoom session, the Pro Tools ran out of CPU power. Try de-activating or removing Native plug-ins (AAE -9173) started creeping in again. Whereas what caused the full install was that EVERY TIME I hit the space bar I'd get the error, but this time it was maybe one or two times per editing session. (The BOUNCE always worked, before the new install and now). To say I was devastated is an understatement. Every attempt before to find out why these errors never finished with an answer.

THE FIX: So coincidentally I'm watching this YouTube video, and the guy says he had this problem with Pro Tools out of nowhere crashing constantly (not the program, just throwing errors; describing my problem exactly) without saying exactly what it was. He said he called Sweetwater and the guy (you know - the guy) told him to go into Setup->Playback Engine and UNCHECK Intel® Turbo Boost - BOOM!

I have not had a Pro Tools ran out of CPU power. Try de-activating or removing Native plug-ins (AAE -9173) OR Pro Tools not shut down properly since.

Maybe this will work for you too?
Old 04-18-2024, 07:00 PM

Uncheck turbo boost. In PT , or Windows / Mac ?
I'm puzzled myself and Avid tried to help.

First time ever with any program I've ever used that does this.

One thing I do know for certain. If I turn off my Digi 003 while it's hung up, it will shutdown. So most certainly something talking to the hardware.

Last edited by basslik; 04-18-2024 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-18-2024, 10:02 PM

on an M1... so hmm

Ventura ,PT 2022.10, MacbookPro 13"[2020] M1 16G, Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3..SSL Sigma summing, SMART Comp C1LA, CharterOak EQP-1 Oceanway Audio HR4S monitors . SSL X-Rack w XR618 compressors, dbx 160x [2]
Old 04-19-2024, 03:22 AM

Similar problem here on a very large session.
Pt gets stuck on closing clips and takes a couple of 3 minutes to finally shut down.
Smaller sessions are fine.
I will try some of these possible fixes.