Old 10-01-2010, 09:00 PM

Default Eleven = Van Halen

Old 10-05-2010, 11:00 PM

Default Re: Eleven = Van Halen

Eddie now owns one, so maybe he'll do his own

Scofield...
Old 10-06-2010, 01:01 AM

And I guess you made sure that HE did not receive one of the defective units still in circulation. And if HE accidently received a defective unit that exhibits that "no sound on start up" issue or adds volume and nasty distortion to a clean preset I am sure HE would not have to wait two weeks or even longer for a reply from Avid Support Center. I am sure HE would not be charged if HE wanted to call Avid Support in order to fasttrack the replacement.

Eddie, tell those guys at Avid/Digidesign that you are not giving a testimonial unless they publicly announced what they are planning to do in order to save John Doe from receiving defective units, and unless DTS publicly obliges in this forum to take care of those cases with priority for the time being.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:47 AM

I would imagine that these are isolated incidents. My 11R has performed flawlessly since I bought it last winter.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:00 AM

Thank you, Eddie! NOW they are taking care of it.

Joking and sarcasm aside: IMO the incidents reported in this forum have been too numerous to call them "isolated". Probably the number is rather small compared to the number of unit sold and not exhibiting this issue. Maybe Digidesign had just bad luck with a couple of vendor parts supplied, I do not blame them for that. But not receiving a reply in about two weeks after reporting three technical issues with the 11R, one of which I would consider serious (adding volume and crazy distortion while playing), is clearly unacceptable IMO.

One of the purposes of a "word of mouth marketing" channel like this forum is adding credibility to a product because of the personal nature of the communication between users – as opposed to the commercial promo clips we all know. If I was searching this forum for credible product information about the 11R, reading about this issue in several threads would make me think twice and raise doubts about the quality and reliability of the 11R. IMO the best way to counteract those doubts is to talk about the issue, naming the cause of it and the action taken to solve it, and assuring (potential) customers that received a unit that slipped through that this issue will be taken care of asap.

Positive "buzz" is not only injected by introducing an exiting product to the market (Although I must admit that I still have to get used to the sound of a digital modeler or miced cabs when practising, I still think the 11R IS an exiting product. That's why I am still "in the game" ). It is also generated by great customer support and customer experience.

Not answering to the question why the defective units are not called back (see the thread created by "Isidor") signals deafness to customers' concerns. IMO this is more likely to drive potential customers into the arms of a competitor than a clear statement (If the issue cannot be tracked down to a certain batch of units, it would clearly be non-sense to call all units back on spec - in economical terms as well as in ecological terms. But make us feel you care about it!). At least this is how I think about it.

As this forum is slowly turning into a POD HD forum, let's counteract and inject some positive buzz about Avid/Digidesign, and let me say "Thank you, Avid Support" for taking care of my issue very quickly! Can't wait to receive my 11R back.

And congrats to your new "brand icon", Digidesign! I bet a lot of people are looking forward to the EVH artist presets in the update next year. ;-)

And SORRY!, Cary, for abusing this thread to write an "open letter". It was just too tempting ...
Old 10-06-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cary chilton View Post
Damn I think I could sell these for 4-5 bucks? What do you think?
Really?

Old 10-06-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Damn I think I could sell these for 4-5 bucks? What do you think?
Settle down there bro. They do sound really good, but ALLOT of other people have created & posted rigs that sound just as good too...and who wants to start charging all of us Eleven Rack brothers anyway????

And to Ralf_T....it really is a shame that you have had such a negative experience thus far, but I think your negative statements are a bit too generalized.
All of the "Positive buzz" is because most people here REALLY DO enjoy their Eleven Rack and have NOT had the problems with defective units as you point out. Sure, any line of mass manufactured electronic pieces of equipment are going to have some defective units, but your sarcasm makes it sound like a wildly out of control, conspiracy "cover-up" type of situation, and I simply do not think that is the case here. Just because you and a couple of others are experiencing an unfortunate issue with your Eleven Rack, doesn't mean that the masses are as well! I wonder just how many units have been sold now that I question this? Are you in a 1% range? I would be surprised if it would be much higher than that!
While I would caution that you should not blatantly berate the situation, I also think that some people should not overly hype something as well!

I hope you get your Eleven Rack in soon, so that you can start to enjoy this wonderful product as much as I have enjoyed mine!

Good Luck
Mike

Old 10-07-2010, 03:18 AM

Old 10-07-2010, 04:46 AM

seriously - the day I start paying for presets... Sorry no market for it here. There have been a couple of times I've actually downloaded and installed a preset - but each time I thought - "ick, that's nothing like the title says". You'd need to provide settings for the player, hands, guitar, pickups, strings, cable, and attitude as well - which I don't recall seeing any options for in the 11R. Of course YMMV and we wish you well in your new business venture.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
REally? I haven't any clips from anyone that sound as good yet. Post some clips or links.
Any preset that someone else creates will never sound as good to someone else using it due to all of the variables. The patch will still, in some way, have to be modified by the end user. Different guitar, strings, pickups, wires, speakers come into play.

If someone wants to pay you to go to their house and create a preset using their setup, that would make more sense.