Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 08-01-2019, 05:17 PM

Default Elastic Audio Different?

I upgraded from 9.0.6 to 2019. From a 002 to a Clarett 8pre X. Love the sound. I was experimenting with some old track today and noticed that Elastic Audio doesn't operate like it used to. Is it different now?
Old 08-01-2019, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Elastic Audio Different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchipman View Post
I upgraded from 9.0.6 to 2019. From a 002 to a Clarett 8pre X. Love the sound. I was experimenting with some old track today and noticed that Elastic Audio doesn't operate like it used to. Is it different now?

What do you mean when you say "doesn't operate like it used to"?

As far as I know, the only change to Elastic Audio was between Pro Tools 7.4 and Pro Tools 8.0 (and for the worse). It drastically needs an update (or just go back to the iZotope Radius settings from 7.4)!
Old 08-02-2019, 02:02 AM

thanks for your reply. In 9.0.6 it worked fine for me. But so far I haven't been able to get it working for me in 2019. Sorry for my ignorance but what is Izotope Radius?
Old 08-02-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
thanks for your reply. In 9.0.6 it worked fine for me. But so far I haven't been able to get it working for me in 2019.
What exactly isn't working? What are you attempting to accomplish? Still don't have the information we need to help!

Quote:
Sorry for my ignorance but what is Izotope Radius?
iZotope Radius is the "engine" used to run the X-Form algorithm in Elastic Audio.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:05 PM

I'm sorry....I'm just trying to quantize a section of kick drum......as an experiment. I open elastic audio on the track, select rhythmic, then I look at the analysis.Select the beats I want snapped to grid. In Events I open Elastic Audio Event, then Quantize. Some will move, some will not......some of them move to areas other than the grid. Then when I try to tweek it seems glitchy. I put warp markers in front and behind the beat to move and it moves erratically or not at all. I know I must be missing something!
Old 08-02-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry....I'm just trying to quantize a section of kick drum......as an experiment. I open elastic audio on the track, select rhythmic, then I look at the analysis.Select the beats I want snapped to grid. In Events I open Elastic Audio Event, then Quantize. Some will move, some will not......some of them move to areas other than the grid. Then when I try to tweek it seems glitchy. I put warp markers in front and behind the beat to move and it moves erratically or not at all. I know I must be missing something!
Gotcha. Check to see that your tracks are set to "ticks" instead of "samples", that seems to help erratic behavior sometimes...
Old 08-02-2019, 08:35 PM

thanks I'll check that!