Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2023, 04:54 AM

Default Re: ProTools 2023.12 available for download on Avid site:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post
Sure. Just go into Setup>I/O. In the Dolby Atmos tab, click “Create Path”, and you will have the ability to add extra beds. Dolby Atmos only supports a total of 128 channels, so you may need to delete some objects to free up enough channels first.

HTH - and thanks Avid engineering for this answer too.

Marianna
Sorry, Mariana, it doesn't work. I opened the Stratosphere Dolby Atmos demo. I'm in a PC on an Apollo X16, with a physical 7.1.4 studio. In the Atmos tab, I see a 7.1.4 bed with its various lower declinations. I've deleted all unused objects. I make: new path and I only see the possibility of adding objects (ST or mono). No additional beds. Please help me or point me to a documentation.

See attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg No bed.jpg (41.3 KB, 0 views)
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com

Last edited by cmbourget; 12-14-2023 at 06:10 AM.
Old 12-14-2023, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post
Hey there Skwaidu. - Like I asked audiogamble......

Can you export and send me the PIO files, so we can make sure we account for their setups?

Love to get exacts from you and anyone else experiencing this and gather your details for a possible repro attempt.

you can post here ir email me directly.....

[email protected]

thanks all...

Marianna
Hi, I sent an email. Thanks!
-Mikko
Windows 11 23H2, Intel i9-14900KS, MSI PRO Z690-A D4, 64 GB DDR4 4000MHz/CL18, Corsair HX1000, 1TB M.2 PCIe 4.0, 5TB M.2 PCIe 3.0, 2TB QVO, 2x6TB WD Black, Noctua NH-D15, Fractal Design Define R6 + RTX4070 - PT Ultimate 2024.3

Used to be/ Spare/ DAPS: Mac Pro 4,1 upgraded to 5,1 3,46Ghz 12 Core, 96GB RAM, OS SSD and Sata3 Audio SSD, macOS Mojave, PT Ultimate 2021.10, DAPS 3.7.1

HDX2, MTRX Studio & DAD MOM, HD I/O 16x16, Apogee AD/DA 16X/X-HD and ICON D-Command ES.
Old 12-14-2023, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Pro Tools provides several improvements to Memory Locations:

• Multiple Marker rulers.
• Filtering in the Memory Locations window
• Selecting multiple memory locations in the Memory Locations window
• Commands to navigate to previous and next memory locations
• Filter and view presets for the memory location window
• Filtering of redundant markers when importing session data

Yes these are great.

But, what I miss is a Locator reference to a specific (selected) clip !!
This Locator should tied together with the clip.
If I move the clip, the marker will follow.... hmm

Or is there an other workaround for this ?
Old 12-14-2023, 07:49 AM

Possible bug I'm experiencing on M1 Mac/Ventura - tracks grouped together (not following globals) and nothing selected in Attributes - when the group is active, volume is changed for all grouped tracks regardless of whether its selected in attributes or not.

Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: It seems to not be doing it in a new session I created. Not sure why it was doing it in a session I opened to do a revision in

Last edited by MPizzaMusic; 12-14-2023 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12-14-2023, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
I didn't test this specifically but of the three sessions I opened today that had video all of them had the proper "full screen" size. And I was definitely one of those having issues with window sizes in 2023.9.

Certainly I'll be looking into this further in the coming days and I'll mention any issues.
After some more testing, the full screen image stays put, correctly, unless I restart ProTools. After a restart it does show a fullscreen image (meaning that it covers the whole screen, and the size setting is "Fullscreen"), but it's a widescreen video and PT is stretching it so there are no black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. That's an error and not how it should be displayed.

If PT stays open the screen will properly load each time.

So, the problem seems to continue. And the Video Engine itself is still Intel, so that's not great either.
Old 12-14-2023, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
I am finding the colour coding helpful already (something I wanted for a long time) but they need to refine. The biggest use for me is to know if a channel is going to a direct output (hardware) or to a print channel.
This has bitten me before
But when you colour code a bus out, all sub get the same colour by default. So then you have to go through and remove the colour when you want to set most to "none" and only a few to specific colours. For instance a 5.1 out set to blue but the subpath for center to green and stereo to red. But then you have to go and remove all the other subpath colours.
It's extremely helpful for following routing.

I don't think this is meant for establishing routing where, presumably, everyone can read where they are sending things in the menu hierarchy. (Something that is truncated in the mix/edit windows when trying to trace routing.)
I do like the color coding, even like the colour coding more but think it should go one further to colour code in the IO selector pull down menu. It helps just say quickly finding things amongst a lot of IO options... and yes even when they are custom named IO the colour would still help (too many of the custom names can look similar).

I had been looking forward to this color coding and really imagined that the menu would show the colours and was disappointed it was not. That will teach me for dreaming...
Old 12-14-2023, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mds1001 View Post
Hey all,

Diving in. Using Melodyne via ARA2 (finger crossed) and when I change the pitch I still hear the original so I get a chorusing effect or if I tune a large range I easily hear two pitches. Its like there's a wet/dry set to 50%. User error or something amiss?

Thanks!
I follow up with myself. It seems to be a bug. It only does it on one of the tracks in my session. Other tracks work fine.
Old 12-15-2023, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I do like the color coding, even like the colour coding more but think it should go one further to colour code in the IO selector pull down menu. It helps just say quickly finding things amongst a lot of IO options... and yes even when they are custom named IO the colour would still help (too many of the custom names can look similar).

I had been looking forward to this color coding and really imagined that the menu would show the colours and was disappointed it was not. That will teach me for dreaming...
100% agree on this. I too was imagining color coding in the menu, would be great. Overall though this seems like a fantastic, stable update here, I am very pleased. Loving the go to next/ previous memory location key command : )
Old 12-15-2023, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbourget View Post
Sorry, Mariana, it doesn't work. I opened the Stratosphere Dolby Atmos demo. I'm in a PC on an Apollo X16, with a physical 7.1.4 studio. In the Atmos tab, I see a 7.1.4 bed with its various lower declinations. I've deleted all unused objects. I make: new path and I only see the possibility of adding objects (ST or mono). No additional beds. Please help me or point me to a documentation.

See attachment.
I don't know a good Samaritan who could answer my question (Marianna probably doesn't have the time, and I understand). It's impossible for me to add a bed as explained. The only choice is to add objects. I'm not new to PT, but to its Dolby Atmos system, yes (I just came from Nuendo for my Atmos projects and there are big differences).

Thanks in advance!
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com
Old 12-15-2023, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbourget View Post
I don't know a good Samaritan who could answer my question (Marianna probably doesn't have the time, and I understand). It's impossible for me to add a bed as explained. The only choice is to add objects. I'm not new to PT, but to its Dolby Atmos system, yes (I just came from Nuendo for my Atmos projects and there are big differences).

Thanks in advance!
They've explained before that the internal renderer will not replace the external renderer (at this time.)
This is one of those situations. That's the whole news about this.